Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

80B Power Supply 2 (resized).jpg
80B Power Supply 1 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I have a Raven Pinball machine. I had a technician come by the house and told me that the power supply and the CPU board are worn and need replacement. I bought the power supply, the CPU, the driver board, and the display board so I could have all new electronics in my machine. The problem is that I went to replace the power supply, I see that the connections don't exactly seem to match. The white plugs fit onto the board, but the wires don't seem to be aligned to the proper pins. I thought that the new power supply was made to be an exact replacement. I thought that I would be able to take the old one out, and install the new one. Does anyone have any advice for me? The technician took my old power supply with him and hasn't mailed it back to me yet, so I am unable to compare. The pictures that I enclosed show the upper and lower plugs and how the wires look with the new power board. Please help. I miss playing my Raven machine.

80B Power Supply 1 (resized).jpg80B Power Supply 1 (resized).jpg80B Power Supply 2 (resized).jpg80B Power Supply 2 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

It looks like you're holding the wrong wires for each connector in the photo.
I don't have a raven, but on the 80B I have - the connector with the 200 (red-black-black) is carrying 12v from the supply and goes in J1, the white wire is the ground. The connector with all identical wires 688 (blue-gray-gray) carries the 5v output on all pins and goes on J2.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80b-raven-power-supply and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.