(Topic ID: 238450)

System 80b pop bumper

By hockeymutt

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9910 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9907 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hockeymutt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Good evening everyone just got 3 replacement pop bumper driver boards and 2 of them fixed my pop bumper issues, the 3rd when I pressed the test switch it sparked and fried the trace from pin 2 (ground). The coil in brand new and have checked for proper ground, cross shorts and shorts to ground with no discrepancies noted. I've also checked the connector to their respective spots and all checked fine.

All fuses are good with proper ratings.

Any help would be awesome .

#3 5 years ago

Board has built in diode protection. Shouldn't matter.

#5 5 years ago

It was a replacement from pinrepairparts he did all the work

#7 5 years ago

Yup everything is the same and keyed correctly wonder if I just got a random bad board.

#9 5 years ago

His boards have built in diode protection so it shouldn't matter which wire is on which side of the coil at that point

#14 5 years ago

Hahah nope, blew my mind. Trigger led lights with the spoon switch. Getting 25 volts at the coil as I should be. And 5 everywhere I am as well.

#20 5 years ago

Removed a diode off a working coil and with a good replacement board is now causing the coil to lock on instantly and blowing the 2amp fuse

#22 5 years ago

Yea I removed the diodes like his website says I can and nots to working like advertised. Causing coil lock on now.

#24 5 years ago

Here it is, got it from Marco. Replaced 2 out of 3. The one that was working had a weaker pop compared to the originals.

IMG_9910 (resized).JPGIMG_9910 (resized).JPG
    #26 5 years ago

Give everyone an update, it was a bad diode on the brand new coil. Chris over at pinballreplacementparts.com was excellent and sent me over new boards after it happen.

Would have never thought a new coil would have had a bad diode. $.10 in parts caused 2 days of troubleshooting and $40 in parts. I now have 200 diodes of all sorts to have on hand.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hockeymutt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80b-pop-bumper-?tu=hockeymutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.