5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6F3D4967-691E-48BE-9CBE-A9E590E970EA (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Yes I have a gottleib system 80b goldwings. The +5v power supply died and I replaced it now the game resets right away. After a few minutes it’ll start booting. Then resets, after awhile it’ll start a game then will reset after hitting the verticle loop then the game goes haywire all the selinoids start triggering randomly. Any suggestions on how to fix this is very appreciated. Thank you

#2 5 years ago

These are tough games to fix. Could be one of 5 or 6 different things.

Large cap on the lower Transformer power supply should be changed.
Also, need to check 5 volts and have adjusted correctly going into MPU.

Connections need to be clean and tight with no cold solder joints.

Tilts need to be adjusted correctly. Yeah, this is a terrible design here. Some are normally open and some are normally closed. I have seen problems with both of these. Coin door, lower left inside cabinet, under PF.

Lastly, and this is beyond most novice people, might be the satellite board on MPU

#3 5 years ago

Did you adjust the voltage pot on the regulator board.

Sounds like it's too low.

Gotta unplug it from the boards. And check with a dmm. Adjust, power off and then plug it back in.

#4 5 years ago

It doesn’t have a pot. But it’s reading a solid 4.9volts

#5 5 years ago
6F3D4967-691E-48BE-9CBE-A9E590E970EA (resized).png6F3D4967-691E-48BE-9CBE-A9E590E970EA (resized).png
#6 5 years ago

It also resets during the selinoid test as well then starts going haywire display goes crazy everything just starts going off. The game was working normal before the +5 died . Side note. The driver board looks burned up under the 3 SNxxxx transistors

#7 5 years ago

Would you happen to know the values of the transformer filter cap? Mine is black and has no writing on it

#8 5 years ago

I think I got it! Reseated all edge connectors on mpu and a loose ground on the tilt mech thing played a few games ,ran all the tests. Working like new. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80b-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.