• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2020-04-15 16.06.52.jpg
2020-04-15 16.06.35.jpg
Screenshot_20200411-103018_Drive.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jewboyflowerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Have a couple of flashers locked on. I cant find my damn manual anywhere. After accidentally swapping driver boards, i noticed the problem went away. Any flasher issues i have had on gottliebs always landed underneath the playfield. I have been through pinwiki and clays guide, and they mention a pre driver on the driver board, but not which ones. Can someone point me in the right direction?

#4 4 years ago

It is for Spring Break. I was able to track down a manual, it looks like the 2 flashers are tied to the transistor board under the playfield, but that wouldnt explain why switching the driver board fixed the issue. Looks like i have some schematics to study this evening.

Not coincidentally, i am also having issues with those particular coils blowing fuse as soon as they are activated. Two of these transistors were fried when i received the game. I installed new ones, but i didnt actually check the schematics, i just copied previous owners connection
Screenshot_20200411-103018_Drive.jpgScreenshot_20200411-103018_Drive.jpg

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

It is for Spring Break. I was able to track down a manual, it looks like the 2 flashers are tied to the transistor board under the playfield, but that wouldnt explain why switching the driver board fixed the issue. Looks like i have some schematics to study this evening.
Not coincidentally, i am also having issues with those particular coils blowing fuse as soon as they are activated. Two of these transistors were fried when i received the game. I installed new ones, but i didnt actually check the schematics, i just copied previous owners connection
[quoted image]

I've looked at the diagram approximately 100 times, and I just now noticed the q1-q4 assignments. Durp

#8 4 years ago

All 4 of transistors from the board arebtesting out of spec, even though two of them are new. So i am starting from scratch to fix these issues.

So dumb question, the top gray wire from f12, should this go to the banded or non banded side of the coil? Or does it matter?

2020-04-15 16.06.35.jpg2020-04-15 16.06.35.jpg2020-04-15 16.06.52.jpg2020-04-15 16.06.52.jpg
#9 4 years ago

Thursday (or whatever day)it is quarentine bump

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

Is that the launch kicker ? Banded side.

Yes. Is it any different for standard 2 lug coils throughout? I asked the question initially because several coils from that fuse bunch are wired differently

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jewboyflowerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80b-flashers-locked-on?tu=jewboyflowerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.