• Latest reply 6 years ago by mrossman5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180307_104558 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I picked up a Spring Break at a reasonable price. I had it woeking 100% after adding the piggy deux card. I cleaned it up added LEDS and now I lost the upper right pop. Dead as doornail. Worked fine before the tear down. Here's what I've checked.
- swapped pop bumper boards. They all work, pop in question is dead on known working boards.
- switched wires on the coils. The coil works
- checked switch continuity, apron/switch is good.
-fuse under playfield was checked with a meter. It's good.
Where do the pops get their power on this system? Anyone else have this?
Manual is on its way. All ground mods are done cabinet and boards.

20180307_104558 (resized).jpg20180307_104558 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

The spoon switch on each pop, when closed, grounds a signal to the PBDB. The PBDB "one shot" causes the 2N6057 on the PBDB to switch power coming from the coil to ground.

I'd make sure that the spoon switch is "making".
Next I'd make sure that power is at both lugs of the pop bumper coil once a game is started.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#3 6 years ago

Solved...this turned out to be stupidly simple. So the fuses under the playfield are wired incorrectly. The fuses for the UL pop and middle pop are reversed. I thought I was checking the middle pop fuse but in reality it was the UL pop which was good. I had no reason to check the fuse labeled Upper Left pop because I assumed it was working, but that's the one that was bad.
I found it by checking for voltage at the middle pop coil. Nothing. So checked for voltage at the fuse block. That's when I discovered the voltage stopped at the incorrectly labeled fuse. This drove me crazy for a day!

Thank you all for your input.

#4 6 years ago

Glad it wasn't too bad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80b-experts-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.