Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gremlinuo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi guys I was playing my night moves machine and the display went all crazy! It is displaying random numbers / characters across both of the displays repeatedly. It seems to change with the intended input. Maybe a bad hex buffer?

The game functions properly with exception of the display.

Anyone run into something like this before?

Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?

Here is a link to the video of the display

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from gremlinuo:

Hi guys I was playing my night moves machine and the display went all crazy! It is displaying random numbers / characters across both of the displays repeatedly. It seems to change with the intended input. Maybe a bad hex buffer?
The game functions properly with exception of the display.
Anyone run into something like this before?
Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?
Here is a link to the video of the display

Interesting, I sometimes have a similar issue except it’s all garbage that streams across the display right to left very fast. That was always a loose connector/grounding issue. Wiggling the display connector fixes it for me. Not sure what will help in your situation

#3 2 years ago

I tried reseating every connector multiple times to no avail...

Voltages check out, 4mv ripple on the +5

#4 2 years ago

It wound up being chip u5 on the display board... hex buffer

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80b-crazy-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.