Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by myork82
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider myork82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 10 years ago

All of the voltages check good? Start at the power supply and go from there. Check all the connectors. That is one of the biggest issues on any Sys 1 - 80b. I can not stress that enough.
I had a gold wings that was locking up and it was the daughterboard. I reflowed the joints and it fixed it. Also my sound board led went out and it was the connector at the power supply. Turn the game on a tap on the daughterboard on the known working CPU. They are so fragile it might not be working now. Mine got messed up just from the ride home. Changing the game prom could have stressed the joints on the bottom.

#30 10 years ago

The main thing was the 5 volt but you have confirmed it. Was that at the power supply or at the cpu board. There should be a test point on the cpu somewhere I would think. If I had 80b schematics in front of me I could be more help. It still to me sounds like the daughterboard on the cpu. Also the I know 5 volt comes off of J2 on the power supply and feeds the sound board. My soundboard quit working and it was a burnt connector there.

Also I remember when I had daughterboard issues one row of lights flashed on the playfield and the game didn't boot.

#42 10 years ago

Yeah those ground boards at the transformer suck! I cut them off and went ring terminals per pinwiki.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider myork82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80b-cpu-locked-up-help-requested?tu=myork82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.