Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have been working on a client's Big House for quite some time only to discover yesterday that it is not a production game, but a prototype. The previous technician stole the client's MPU and driver, so I have replaced them with beautiful new Schwemmer boards, but the game does not work correctly. Is the prototype software for this game available anywhere?

#2 7 years ago

Interesting. Any pictures? How do you know a prototype? What is it doing right or wrong? I have a Big House myself so if you need some help shoot me a PM I am glad to help you if I can.

#3 7 years ago

I do not have photos but might be able to get some. The coloration of the backbox does not match photos on IPDB.

The game boots and will start, but does not handle the ball locks correctly. The game starts with Lock 1 lit. When a ball gets into the kicker lane, the gate begins to flutter instead of staying open. So instead of kicking the ball to the auger, the kicker kicks the ball back into play. Since there is no switch at the auger, the game assumes the ball is locked and puts a second ball in play. Play will process with two balls until one drains. Now the game thinks it is on ball two.

Under the playfield, the two relays are simply labeled A and B. B controls the auger. I could not determine what A does.

#4 7 years ago

Well it sounds like normal game functioning but the fluttering should not happen. And if an issue is there then yes everything else would be out the window.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80b-big-house-prototype-software-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.