(Topic ID: 256426)

System 80B Arena background sound died...

By Oldschool77

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldschool77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So I bought an Arena last week that has worked just fine. It had the ground mods done already and has no acid damage. Well last night, just for bulletproofing sake I reflowed the power supply headers and cleaned the power supply pot (I normally replace, but don't have one on hand). I then adjusted the voltage the correct way....got a solid 5.01 with the cpu plugged in....BUT.....I NOW have no background sound/music (I have target sounds though), I have no led on the sound board, and Ydrom2 gets too hot to touch within about 15 seconds of power up! I checked all the voltages on the sound board connector against the manual and they are perfect. Also rechecked my power supply work and voltages and they are perfect. I have no idea how this happened, I didn't touch a single other thing. I've done this power supply reflow on a dozen other premier games in the past with no issues. Unfortunately I don't have another game to test this against at the moment. I do get a beep if I press the upper test button, but nothing from pressing the lower test button. And no led at all ever. Any thoughts?

#4 4 years ago

Thanks guys!! Do you think grounds would cause the Ydrom2 to get super hot too?

#6 4 years ago

Just checked my voltages again at A6 J1 ......pins 12 and 17 which are supposed to be ground are getting 13vdc on both! Pretty sure that's not good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wind Point, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldschool77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80b-arena-background-sound-died?tu=Oldschool77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.