(Topic ID: 314447)

System 80 weak outhole

By stlkevin02

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have searched through past topics and am running out of things to try. All pins have been replaced, all mods done. New coil and sleeve for outhole. Boards check out fine. Took apart and cleaned the outhole kicker arm, then even tried to cut away some of the spring thinking it might have been too much. Running out of ideas.

#2 1 year ago

What specific game are you talking about? So you have replaced the pins on the driver board that drive this solenoid. When you intermittently ground the tab on the driver transistor associated with the outhole solenoid does it properly serve the ball? If it works fine, then replace the driver transistor it maybe weak. If grounding the driver transistor tab doesn't cause the ball to serve properly you have either a circuit path problem between the transistor and the coil or perhaps a bad coil. If you intermittently ground the coil tab opposite the diode lined side that should fire the coil and serve the ball if not the coil is bad.

#3 1 year ago

Might want to check the fuse holder/fuse for tarnish.

#4 1 year ago

Gottlieb pink panther. I even removed the spring all together and it could barely get the ball up. The mechanics all seem to work fine and it’s a brand new coil.
I replaced every pin the in the whole game.
I haven’t tried grounding anything yet because honestly I’m not sure how to do it. I would have to look it up.

#5 1 year ago

Check the ball through and make sure nothing is slowing down the ball.

Are you using the correct coil? It's possible that the previous owner put a weaker coil into the machine by mistake.

#6 1 year ago

Oh, I could I forget. If the driver board doesn't have a good ground you could have this problem. What this means is that you have to put in the ground mods on this machine. So before you do anything else, look up the ground mods and put them in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80-weak-outhole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.