(Topic ID: 103860)

Gottlieb System 80 sounds and no Speech, what to do??

By 80spit

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MarsGodOfWarA6SpeechBoardCapacitorC6 (resized).JPG
Mars_Sound (resized).jpg
Mars_Power (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80spit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I Have a Mars God of War that I recently picked up, It has the Ni-Wumph board in it, Everything works and it has sounds, but I am not getting any speech. When I press the test button on the sound board I get one long lasting descending tone. I also grounded pins as described in the manual, still no speech.
What direction should I go with this, could it be becauseI am running the Ni-Wumph board?? Sure would be nice to have the speech working

#3 9 years ago

Hey Chris ! Yes it is in there, U14 socketed

1 week later
#6 9 years ago

Just wanted to post my outcome, Chris was right, it was my SC-01 I found one from a place in Canada
and was hoping it was NOS cost me $33.00 delivered, I nervously inserted it in the socket and yippe,
Mars God of War speaks again. Now I am worried what made the IC blow in the first place, these are
pretty much impossible to find. Thanks for the guidance

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80spit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80-sounds-and-no-speech-what-to-do?tu=80spit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.