This is driving me nuts-
I have recently purchased a Amazon Hunt- every sound works except for the back ground sound (Drums for Amazon Hunt- I REALLY want the drums)
I have used the self-test, solenoid test- at the end it scrolls through the 5 sound enables- S1, S2, S4, S8 all make sound, S16 does not.
It appears that S16 is a little different and runs through the lamp drivers.
For some reason the test button on this board does nothing... I checked it for continuity-the button works, nothing happens.
Things I have tried and willing to try for a fifth time if someone thinks I missed something.
1. Replaced Q10 (the transistor for S16) on the driver board
2. jumpered Q10 (took to ground as if it was active.)
3. Replaced U16 on sound board
4. Replaced U24 on sound board
5. triple checked all power to sound board
6. checked continuity on dip switch 5 on sound board (this turns background sound on/off)
7. cleaned and checked continuity on all edge connectors and connections between sound board and driver board. (S16 run wire runs through a lot of connectors)
8. Ran pin 2 on A6-J1 to ground- nothing....
9. pulled hanfull of hair out.
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
New! Dark mode!
Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!