10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whiskers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Just finished some connector repair and the ground mods and the basement up kicker pop bumper mod and the slam switch mod, too. Solenoids 2 and 8 are not testing, otherwise everything else seems good to go on test 16 and 17 and 18 and 20. I put credits on it, start button does nothing. Not sure if its looking for 2 and 8 to start?

#4 10 years ago

Yeap, there's a ball in there. Double check connections, ok, ill confirm I put it all back together correctly, and repost. Is thwre a way to short cut the start button somewhere on the board, by any chance? If I could start it without the button, is at least know the boards are working.

1 month later
#5 10 years ago

Update- confirmed all three credit switches work, and confirmed a there's a pulse on a1j5 slot 6 where the switch enters the CPU when I push the button.

Are there items or relays that if they don't work, the game won't start? Besides seeing a ball?

Could it be z11 on the CPU? Just seems that wouldn't be the easy answer- I'd have other switch and credit problems, which I don't think I do.

Frustrating- the game looks great in attract mode, it's taunting me, I think.

#6 10 years ago

It has to be something obvious- after fiddling with the diagnostics tests, I noticed there was a low level vibration/ current through the coin door- on a whim, I hit the start button, and voila, the game starts... No idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whiskers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80-haunted-house-wont-start-a-game?tu=whiskers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.