New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 253227)

System 80 Capacitor upgrade

By Nez02

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mombo-number-5
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Looking to swap out the orange capacitor on my Haunted House. Some sites are saying to use the Richey cap while others are using the Sprague. Which would you prefer and why?

#2 1 year ago

Richey. Why- Ed sells them.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Mombo-number-5:

Richey. Why- Ed sells them.

Ed at?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Nez02:

Ed at?Yes, I should have expanded on that. Ed at https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/default.asp goes the extra mile to supply the pinball world with the best -or better than what you would need- for pinball machine applications keeping price in mind. Great service too.

#6 1 year ago

Awesome. Thank you guys. Any other upgrades I should do besides ditching the orange cap and the ground mods?

#7 1 year ago

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#System_80_1st_Generation Read brother, this is loaded with excellent stuff. Address any battery corrosion, off mount a battery pack, go with a memory cap, buy the NVRAM memory IC - anything to keep corrosion from screwing ya'. Other updates can help, connectors always seem to be an issue, the years they have on them can make them weak and ragged. I always do the slam switch mod. Dethunking it is a must. If you don't mind me asking, what did the unshopped HH cost?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 6.00
Rubber/Silicone
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Machine - For Sale
Chesterfield, MI
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 339.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside