(Topic ID: 266640)

Which space-themed Williams System 7 game is the most fun? (Poll)

By solarvalue

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which space-themed System 7 game is the most fun?”

• Cosmic Gunfight 5 votes
    13%
  • Defender 7 votes
    18%
  • Firepower II 10 votes
    26%
  • Laser Cue 7 votes
    18%
  • Solar Fire 7 votes
    18%
  • Star Light 2 votes
    5%

(38 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Cyber-horses in space, male-strippers playing holo-pool or maybe a wizard and a massive dragonfly guiding a spaceship through the constellations, what's your fave?

Which space-themed Williams System 7 game is the most fun?

#2 4 years ago

Bump, anyone else played these?

#3 4 years ago

I played a really nice Defender at york or Allentown one year that was restored by @burningman. Very nice machine but like to play FirePower2

#4 4 years ago

Laser Cue, Solar Fire

#5 4 years ago

I've only been able to play these games at a yearly big show, none of them have ever been at my regular locations, so I'm not too familiar with them, but I'd say Defender. The integration of the video game's rules with protecting the humanoids from the landers and the smart bomb button is very cool.

It would've been cool to see more video game pins from Williams at the time, like this and Joust. A while back I thought up a Sinistar pinball that would have a big sculpt of Sinistar himself up at the top of the playfield, kind of like Grand Lizard.

#6 4 years ago

Love Laser Cue. Sold it not too long ago and miss it, but I just picked up an Alien Poker, so it's all good.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Bump, anyone else played these?

I've owned two and played them all plenty, even the rare ones. Star Light by a mile for me. I used to like Cosmic Gunfight until Lyman accidentally ruined it for me by telling me the scoring strategy, right orbit all day.

1 week later
#8 3 years ago

I own a Firepower II so I'm biased.
I like Laser Cue a lot and would buy it if it came up.
Cosmic Gunfight is fun too.

I need to track the other ones down in Ann Arbor sometime.

#9 3 years ago

These are all great games . I have played them all a decent amount . I voted for Firepower II because of my personal history with that game .

#10 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive. Hard to get opinions on these, not many people have played them.

#11 3 years ago

FP2 is typically pretty cheap and pretty easy to find.
I think it would be a great addition to a mid to large lineup.
Also it is a great first pin.

Honestly, I'm destined to have a small lineup so mine is on the block pretty soon but it is one of those pins that I'll pick up as a project whenever I see one.

#12 3 years ago

Laser Cue

#13 3 years ago

It’s not a system 7 but I regret selling Blackout

2 years later
#14 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive. Hard to get opinions on these, not many people have played them.

Bump!

Have FP2, Star Light, and Solar Fire....FP2 is my fave of those, a good brother to my Firepower, and nearly as much fun, (except for "fire one! Fire two!...")..
Solar Fire never fails to cream me...but I'm a pretty crummy player, so there's that... :-}

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monrovia, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 4,600.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-7-space-themed-gameplay-poll?hl=vanishingvision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.