3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by raysco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raysco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have a system 6a mpu on the bench. As far as Leon’s test rom goes it is working and passes all tests including the memory test.
    I can also test all outputs when I add a known good driver board.
    However when I put Flash roms in to test it in my machine I get a double flash on boot with no displays and the blanking signal stays low. The other signal that is missing is the A9 address line.
    Those signals are good with the Leon test rom.
    I have seen a few mentions of this double flash but usually the reference is to pressing the test button which indicates that it passes the self test.
    I am not really sure what this double flash on boot is telling me, can anyone give me a bit more info.

I have replaced all the usual sockets and also continuity tested them all. Also swopped roms, rams, Pia and cpu. The blanking circuit has been rebuilt but it works ok with Leon’s test.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I have read and do use that document but it doesn’t tell me about the double flash on boot.
    I have resolved my issue by using a couple of the pincoder test roms.
    Rom 8 is the irq test and my board was failing that. After following the guide and swopping ic 5,11,25 it ended up being the 6808 cpu at fault.
    I was thrown a bit as it passed Leon’s tests.
    New 6808 and the board is running fine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raysco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-6a-mpu-does-double-flash-on-boot?tu=raysco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.