• Latest reply 5 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

No lights at Shoot Again, Target 1, Bonus 2, Pit 5k or 5k when lit for GAR targets - these are all row 1 on the lamp matrix.
Lamp rows come thru 2J7 on the driver board so i jumper pin 1 to pin 2 on 2P7 and get nothing, then I jumper 2J7 pin 2 to 2P7 pin 1 and get all 5 lights lit.

Great - so the problem is on the board. Next is visual inspection of Q46 and Q47,

Some damn Charlatan has stolen my Q47! gone, missing, not found, no trace (ok, there are 3 small traces)

Game was working fine this morning - those lights were working. Mid-afternoon my poor Q47 transistor cant take it anymore, cuts off his own legs and leaps to his death. Why? How? No idea. I though I had him securely in place. Poor guy only made it about 10 inches and probably landed hard on the metal bottom of the backbox.

I have no idea if he is ok. Can I test him then send him back into battle or should his plea for help be heard? Give him a retirement? Should I throw him out to send a message to the next guy that gets soldered in that spot?

Has anyone else had problems with components leaving of their own accord? I like to shake and move the table more than most but I am never abusive. I cant believe my transistor would do me like this.

Signed,

Hurt and Confused

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Crisis has ended. I took a TIP from an old driver board and soldered it into the previously vacated spot. Works good as new

#3 5 years ago

metal fatigue....
It happens all the time.
Even pointing your finger at them can make them fall off.

#4 5 years ago

TIP suicide, he leaped to his death!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-6-lamp-matrix-issue-row-1-is-out-on-gorgar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.