Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

short (resized).jpg
Naamloos-1 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Oke, i have been trying to get my Gorgar working, but now the situation is:

- when i turn the machine on game will not start, 0_0_0 on display
- quick on/ off game, game goes into audit mode (light blinking)
- i don't have a battery + holder, do i need one?
- start button not recognized in test mode, is it checked? can i start the game on the mpu board?

Any help appreciated!

#2 5 years ago

Quick on/off is because of no battery. Start button is not in switch test. How are the chip sockets? What about the 40 pin connector?

The "0_0_0" on all the displays usually means that the PIA on the driver board is bad. IC05 or IC10 (or both).

#3 5 years ago

Light should never be blinking. You've got a board issue.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks guys really helpful!

Quoted from Travish:

Quick on/off is because of no battery.

so if i have a battery it should be working from the start?

Quoted from Travish:

Start button is not in switch test

Any way to test this button?

Quoted from zacaj:

Light should never be blinking. You've got a board issue.

Well, its the lights on the playfield, the light sequence, but only in audit mode

Quoted from Travish:

PIA on the driver board is bad. IC05 or IC10

Can i just simple replace them? (i have a second driver board)

#5 5 years ago

Can you clarify when you do the quick, on/off power up, are the playfield insert lights blinking, or an LED blinking on the MPU?, if it's playfield inserts, it means it's in attract mode? If it is, then you can access the coin door diagnostic switches and set the game to free play, or trigger the coin slot switches to add credits. Once you do this, if you can, you should be able to start a game.

When in attract mode, push the right side diagnostic button, the credit display should read 04 - 01. With batteries not on the board however, you cannot set the game to free play due to the fact you have to power it off to get out of adjustments. So trigger a coin switch and see if it adds credits, push start on the top left front of cab, report back with your findings.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Can you clarify when you do the quick, on/off power up

The attract mode only works when the coindoor is open, if i try quick on/off while the door is closed i don't get the attract mode. So the game does not work when i close the door.

When is do have the attract mode, or maybe this is called audit mode (while door is open) the coin switch does not do anything and also the start button doesn't. (the diagnostic button works however so i can test display and coils)

the LED on MPU gives one blink

#7 5 years ago

oke, got the kindda game started, but don't know how...

1. pulled out the second plug on the MPU board (coin door diagnostics etc)
2. closed door
3. turn on game (now its in attract mode)
4. added coins using the switch
5. some coils fire and the game started...(btw NOT using the start/advance button! )

#8 5 years ago

The on off trick will only ever get you to attract mode when the door is open. If it's attract mode all the lights on the playfield will be blinking.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The on off trick will only ever get you to attract mode when the door is open.

So how do i get the attract mode, when the door is closed?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

With battery’s on the MPU. You can rig up a temp battery set up with Alligator clips.

#11 5 years ago

With the door open and the on off on off on you should go into attract mode. See the 00000 and what ever the games default high score is. From there add a credit and hit the start button.

#12 5 years ago

Maybe my credit button is broken, can i short it on the MPU?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Your ram isn't getting voltage from the batteries. If it was after your first time with the door open it would boot straight to attract mode. Check batteries and holder. Holder could be corroded, etc.

Once you're in attract mode you can use the inner coin door buttons to access switch test and check start button.

Can also jump between the pins on 2j2 and 2j3 (driver board upper right) for the row and column of the start button

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Quick on/off is because of no battery. Start button is not in switch test. How are the chip sockets? What about the 40 pin connector?
The "0_0_0" on all the displays usually means that the PIA on the driver board is bad. IC05 or IC10 (or both).

Replace the Driver board

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Check batteries and holder

I dont have the holder and batteries (it was removed prior leakage), so i will need to buy these. thanks for the help.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Can also jump between the pins on 2j2 and 2j3

like this?

Naamloos-1 (resized).jpgNaamloos-1 (resized).jpg
#17 5 years ago

Yes, but I think you'll want pin 7 of J3, not pin 1

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yes, but I think you'll want pin 7 of J3, not pin 1

So 2j2 pin 9 to 2j3 pin 7?...you sure? dont want to fry my board.

#19 5 years ago

If you use the wrong pin on one of those two connectors, all you'll get is a different switch registering. Both J2 and J3 on the driver board are solely for switch rows/columns.

2 months later
#20 5 years ago

Bought a battery holder, now the game starts in attract mode at last..still does not start, any suggestion? in the test mode the trigger of the coin slot switches seems to work, but the start game does nothing.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Bought a battery holder, now the game starts in attract mode at last..still does not start, any suggestion? in the test mode the trigger of the coin slot switches seems to work, but the start game does nothing.

Start button doesn't register in test mode?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Start button doesn't register in test mode?

I think it normally does not?

#23 5 years ago

I would have installed NVRAM.

#24 5 years ago

Be sure all your outhole switch is working, otherwise, you will not be able to start a game. I'm assuming there are credits on the game or is in free play.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

I think it normally does not?

It should, it's in the matrix just like the rest.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Be sure all your outhole switch is working, otherwise, you will not be able to start a game.

You can start a game without the ball in the outhole

#26 5 years ago

It could be that the NVRAM has not been initialized properly. Try powering down and pulling the batteries for a few minutes to be sure. open the coin door, install the batteries, power on the game. should go into audit mode. power down. power up. should go into attract mode. close the door.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Be sure all your outhole switch is working, otherwise, you will not be able to start a game. I'm assuming there are credits on the game or is in free play.

Problem is that the displays only read 0x0x0, and dont not show up very clearly, i want to advance to function 18 (maximum credits) to 0 will put the game in free play mode, but very hard to do working "blind" however the the inner coin door switches seem to work and register.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It should, it's in the matrix just like the rest.

what number should it give on the matrix test?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from pincoder:

close the door.

If i close the door, can i still add credits by opening the door and pressing the coin switches?

#30 5 years ago

can i short the ground to the advance up, to start the game?

short (resized).jpgshort (resized).jpg
#31 5 years ago
Quoted from pincoder:

It could be that the NVRAM has not been initialized properly. Try powering down and pulling the batteries for a few minutes to be sure. open the coin door, install the batteries, power on the game. should go into audit mode. power down. power up. should go into attract mode. close the door.

If it was NVRAM it wouldn't need batteries

Quoted from Star_Gazer:

what number should it give on the matrix test?

https://www.pinitech.com/switch_database.php?name=Williams_Gorgar

Quoted from Star_Gazer:

can i short the ground to the advance up, to start the game?[quoted image]

Those are for the test switches, not the start button.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If it was NVRAM it wouldn't need batteries

https://www.pinitech.com/switch_database.php?name=Williams_Gorgar

Those are for the test switches, not the start button.

You are correct about the NVRAM terminology, but it's a small detail. We all know what the batteries are for.

#33 5 years ago

Start button is not on the list, confused...Can't find it, should be the credit button then?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Start button is not on the list, confused...Can't find it, should be the credit button then?

Oh, sorry! Yeah, credit/start button, same thing

3 months later
#35 4 years ago

So now i have nvram, the game is booting up in attract mode without batteries. Still coin up does nothing, and start button does nothing.

- coin up: how to short on mpu?
- start button: how to short on mpu (possible solution jump between the pins on 2j2 and 2j3...)
- do i still need batteries?
- still 0-0-0 on all displays (possible solution PIA on the driver board is bad...)

also when you turn on the game, is everything reset? (drop down targets go up etc) or only when you start a game?

#36 4 years ago

Can't coin up via mpu, you'll need to use the switch matrix connectors on the driver.

No batteries needed

Is in attract mode

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-6-gorgar-audit-mode-help?hl=poboypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.