Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Schwaggs
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My drop targets work perfectly test mode and glass off rolling a ball. But in game if a ball hits them really hard they don’t always register individually. It Always knows a completed bank
I’ve cleand the boards, some new boards, and the contacts, even bent the horseshoe
I am wondering if anyone knows the proper adj for this. Bend the horseshoe more?
Tighten or loosen a top board screw.
I keep thinking I have it and then it will miss one..thanks

#2 5 years ago

From your symptoms it can only be 2 things. Either the slider boards or the horseshoe contact. Since you say you cleaned them only choice besides replacing is bending the contact a little more. Has the slider contact worn a groove through the board?

You could always replace with the new modern slider boards. They're only like $5 each and be done with it for a long time.

http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=21&controller=product&id_lang=1

#3 5 years ago

I did replace some with those seige
So it must be the horseshoe not contacting enuff and a hard shot knocks it back from the slider board?

Polished the grooves out the other boards
Thansk

#4 5 years ago

Toss them and put Gottlieb drops in. Problem solved.
Really, many people have done this. You would be surprised how well they work.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Toss them and put Gottlieb drops in. Problem solved.
Really, many people have done this. You would be surprised how well they work.

Really. How big a switch is that ? Which gott ones work

#6 5 years ago

If you replaced the board then I'm thinking you should replace the contact. Marco has both left and right hand in stock. For $10 per drop bank that should fix it.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-7614

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-7615

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Really. How big a switch is that ? Which gott ones work

Sorry my comment was pretty blunt. Was at work. Actually I'm talking about replacing the whole unit. Not just the targets themselves.
I've owned dozens of classic Williams games and simply put. Their drop target assemblies with the horseshoe suck. You can either upgrade to the newer style Williams or convert to any era Gottlieb assembly.

#8 5 years ago

I did realize not just target but didn’t know if entails allot rewiring
I don’t tend to mess up going old to new. But if a different system wasnt sure how it work incorporating Gottlieb

I ordered some horseshoes too

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I did realize not just target but didn’t know if entails allot rewiring
I don’t tend to mess up going old to new. But if a different system wasnt sure how it work incorporating Gottlieb
I ordered some horseshoes too

If you care at all about game feel don't change the targets to Gottliebs - I tried this on Flash and it ruined the 'feel' for me, and I immediately reverted to the original targets and just rebuilt them.

Before you go too much further, did you happen to tighten the bar across the back of the target bank too much? People seem to want to really torque those down, and 3 things happen: One, you damage the screw boss the screw is going into - time to look for a replacement (they aren't being remade). Two, the target will drop very slowly, or Three, target will drop not at all.

Believe it or not, the drops need to be a little "loose" - so that there's plenty of slack for them to drop correctly. Your drop spring could be completely stretched out as well, although they are pretty resilient.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

If you care at all about game feel don't change the targets to Gottliebs - I tried this on Flash and it ruined the 'feel' for me, and I immediately reverted to the original targets and just rebuilt them.
Before you go too much further, did you happen to tighten the bar across the back of the target bank too much? People seem to want to really torque those down, and 3 things happen: One, you damage the screw boss the screw is going into - time to look for a replacement (they aren't being remade). Two, the target will drop very slowly, or Three, target will drop not at all.
Believe it or not, the drops need to be a little "loose" - so that there's plenty of slack for them to drop correctly. Your drop spring could be completely stretched out as well, although they are pretty resilient.

I will check the bar. They move up down nicely. It’s just when the ball really hits it hard it misses the drop
Thanks

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Sorry my comment was pretty blunt. Was at work. Actually I'm talking about replacing the whole unit. Not just the targets themselves.
I've owned dozens of classic Williams games and simply put. Their drop target assemblies with the horseshoe suck. You can either upgrade to the newer style Williams or convert to any era Gottlieb assembly.

How do you wire modern targets into these older games? The newer targets have only 1 switch per bank and these older games have 2 (target hit and all targets down).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-6-drop-target-adjustments?hl=topkat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.