Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JethroP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm a novice with Williams boards and would appreciate help is getting this working. The boards are clean and original. I plan to replace connectors (even though I think they are currently not the problem), but I haven't ordered any parts yet.

When I turn on the game it comes up immediately in test 04 and the MPU LED's both flash once and both turn off.

Then if I press the MPU self test button (on the MPU), the LED's turn solid on. If I press the self test button again and again after a few times the LED's eventually flash twice and then off. After that, I am able to use the test button on the coin door...

Using the coin door test button I am able to test all the displays, and they all pass working.
Using the coin door I am also able to test all the feature lights, all the solenoids, and the sounds. Everything all tests fine.

But when I restart the game, it comes up stuck in test 04. What could the problem be?

#3 3 years ago

Run through that page. It has helped me a lot track down issues.

#4 3 years ago

it's booting into audit mode, so:

batteries are bad/not installed/not providing power to the 5101

5101 is bad

memory protect is bad

sometimes you can get it into attract mode by flicking the power switch quickly

#5 3 years ago

Just got this board to boot! I had bad 5101. I actually replaced it earlier this morning and had same problem. Replaced it with another and fixed the problem. Guess I had a bad 5101 spare!

Thank you all for the responses!
Jethro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-6-comes-up-in-test-04 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.