2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PINTEC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

98d99d41cd41d67c5afef76769feba9ea6d8a7e8 (resized).jpg
    close2 (resized).jpg
    close (resized).jpg
    4be33329f25d04a18c010fcb70c0a6657db5e4ef (resized).jpg
    FP_Trizone_Conversion_back - Copy (resized).jpg
    FP_Trizone_Conversion_chip2 - Copy (resized).jpg
    FP_Trizone_Conversion_chip1 - Copy (resized).jpg
    438e60d1edd7d7b9996c2cb08d85d38c2da14e79 (1) (resized).jpg
    FP_Trizone_Conversion - Copy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PINTEC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from MaxAsh:

Hmm could be. The guy who gave me the boards said they came from his Firepower (made sense, the MPU had Firepower ROMs). He was experiencing minor issues, things that either sounded driver board related, or perhaps not even board related at all. Some lights out, a flipper being weak, a pop not always firing, etc. He wasn't a technical guy, so he called a repair person who swapped out both of his boards for a new combo board. When I picked up a totally unrelated game from him, he handed me these boards along with that information.
    I'll snap a pic or two of the boards and add them. Is it possible that they don't work in the game I'm trying them in? I have a Tri Zone. I picked up a new set of ROMs, the game ROM and two green flipper ROMs. I placed them in the lower row on the board, and removed the three chips that were above it previously with the Firepower setup. Not sure if there's more I would need to do. I know some of the pictures I found of the TriZone boards on Pinside were a different configuration system 6, but I assume they were cross compatible?
    Edit: By the way, I didn't hook up all the solenoid connectors when testing. I was primarily just seeing if it booted, and did not want to worry about bad transistors or anything (though I did test those on-board and they seemed ok).
    [quoted image]

This cpu did not operate with the Firepower Roms correctly, the factory Jumper J3 was never changed to out and J4 to in however is now correct for tri Zone (J3 in)

Post a photo of the back side of the cpu

438e60d1edd7d7b9996c2cb08d85d38c2da14e79 (1) (resized).jpg438e60d1edd7d7b9996c2cb08d85d38c2da14e79 (1) (resized).jpg
    #6 2 years ago

Check IC 16 socket replacement work for shorted neighboring pins/reflow

Check interboard connector for the same shorted neighboring pins/reflow

Re test

4be33329f25d04a18c010fcb70c0a6657db5e4ef (resized).jpg4be33329f25d04a18c010fcb70c0a6657db5e4ef (resized).jpgclose (resized).jpgclose (resized).jpgclose2 (resized).jpgclose2 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #8 2 years ago
    Quoted from MaxAsh:

Still no luck after a reflow. Since I don't need the board at the moment, I'm going to put it in the check out later pile when I have time. Thank you all for the help. If I take it out to use it in the future, I'll circle back to this thread

Photo is blurry there possible is a solder bridge there and there could be several under the socket in front shorted.

98d99d41cd41d67c5afef76769feba9ea6d8a7e8 (resized).jpg98d99d41cd41d67c5afef76769feba9ea6d8a7e8 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PINTEC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-6-board-boots-to-all-zeros?tu=PINTEC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.