9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonedoc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have never had this problem before. Its a System 4. When testing with Leons and Andres Test for 2J5, I hook 2J4 up to 5V. The test ROM works great, but as soon as I do this, I get a short and the CPU locks up.

I have tested the transistors and they all seem good and read the same. I tested IC13 and IC14 (they are the 7408). When the chips are pulsed, the blanking signal at the pins is 4V, the signal at the other AND pin is 3V, and the output shown is 1.5V.

I cant find anything wrong! If I attempt to hook 2J4 to the 5V, it locks. Any ideas!?

#3 9 years ago

This has always worked in the past. That is odd. Did you mean the 7408 or the 7406?

I have pulled a few of the transistors out,and it is actually working now. My power supply hasnt ever had an issue.

#4 9 years ago

Ok, I plugged it into the game and none of the controlled lighting is working. I replaced the 7408, as I mentioned. I wonder if the 7406 or PIA is bad and making too many of the transistors power on? I think the PIA tested good, if I recall. I will replace the 7406 and get back.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonedoc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-4-lamp-matrix-drive-short-with-leons-andres-test?tu=bonedoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.