By Occelot

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Occelot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys, I turned on my flash after a few years and right at power on the solenoids locked up (minus the flippers), and the flippers were active (responded to button presses). When I insert a credit, the knocker knocks hah. Pressing the start button does nothing. I also have to turn off and on again to get the lights to do their dance. When they're not doing their dance, they're locked on.

What I've done so far: Peeled the MPU and driver board, reflowed header pins that I thought were loose on the 40pin connector, unplugged all connectors and reconnected. No luck.

Online I see it could be Q5, which looks fine to me. Where is some battery corrosion which I'm assuming is the culprit, but I'm not sure if these symptoms would be a smoking gun or not. I previously had a pinbot I repaired, so I have many transistors and diodes left over, think I may even have the infamous PIA chip.. but I'd have to check.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I know there's a dude that will charge $79 flat rate for repair online, but if I can do it myself that would help me not get murdered by my wife.

Update:
I just tested pin 37 (4th from left) on the 40 pin connector. Apparently it's supposed to read 4V at power on, mine read 2, and then dropped. If this is the blanking circuit, it would appear the V are too low to reset the coils so they stay energized.

Update:
With both MPU and driver board connected when I power the game on, the LED's flash once and then stay off. However, when I disconnect the driver board and power game on, the LEDs flash, and then turn back on and stay on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Occelot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-4-flash-flippers-during-game-over-etc?tu=Occelot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.