(Topic ID: 247627)

System 3 gottlieb machine weight?

By silver_spinner

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BB3518EE-93FD-4245-AF54-70D1D9BAD491 (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

Are there any documentation links online that shows what a Gottlieb system 3 weighs, wipe out possibly?
    i shipped one a few weeks back and it was approx 310 palleted. I got the freight bill today claiming they did a reweigh and it was 580 lbs. i use standard pallets at 25 lbs, packed in cardboard and stretch wrap and 2 ratchet straps to pallet.
    ive shipped and received plenty and this is the first time anything like this has happened with a crazy weight.
    I've watched the scales on the forklift quite often when fed ex freight picks up the pallets and the highest I've ever seen was around 315 lbs on a standard
    (not JJP wide body etc) pin.
    this was shipped with R&L.

#2 4 years ago

Looks like 282lbs per the flyer

BB3518EE-93FD-4245-AF54-70D1D9BAD491 (resized).pngBB3518EE-93FD-4245-AF54-70D1D9BAD491 (resized).png
    #3 4 years ago

Sounds like they had a thumb on the scale.

#4 4 years ago

System 3's are ridiculously heavy and built like a tank, and 282lbs sounds about right (according to my back).

They're definitely heavier than most (if not all) DMD games of that era, but maybe 25-30lbs heavier. 300lbs is improbable but not impossible, but that's the ceiling.

I think they had more than a thumb on the scale, they were likely standing on it.

#5 4 years ago

I believe that the weight on the flyer is the shipping weight. All my system 3's are about 275 pounds each. Absolutely no way it can be 580 pounds.

#6 4 years ago

Thx a ton everyone. Great help!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-3-gottlieb-machine-weight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.