(Topic ID: 301722)

System 3 diagnostics issue

By bestofthebunch

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46472_0 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Hi

I have a Luck Seven (system 3 Williams) boots / plays no issues on original board set. To go into diagnostics on a system 3 you have to get to audits 04-?? and put into Auto so the audits scroll through. Press advance twice at about 1/2 sec interval and hey presto .. displays go out as expected. But when you press the advance again nothing, displays remain blank and I have to switch off and back on to boot into attract again . Any ideas

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from bestofthebunch:

Hi
    I have a Luck Seven (system 3 Williams) boots / plays no issues on original board set. To go into diagnostics on a system 3 you have to get to audits 04-?? and put into Auto so the audits scroll through. Press advance twice at about 1/2 sec interval and hey presto .. displays go out as expected. But when you press the advance again nothing, displays remain blank and I have to switch off and back on to boot into attract again . Any ideas

To get into lamp,solenoid,switch tests Lucky 7:

In game over mode set the auto Up/Down to: DOWN next goto the cpu board Press the diagnostics button on right edge of board,the leds should blink twice quickly.
    Next go back to the coin door select auto UP and press advance to go thru tests.

46472_0 (resized).jpg46472_0 (resized).jpg
    #3 2 years ago

Hi I’ve done that but after the displays go blank they then don’t do anything when you press again, it doesn’t go into the display test … etc

#4 2 years ago

Found the issue the connector for the switches was dirty and not registering properly

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-3-diagnostics-issue?hl=pintec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.