Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by crassmage
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I just got a Freddy and was looking to put some LEDs in the inserts. I did a few to test but when game is on they are very dim. I am guessing it may be the resistor board on the socket but I dont know if there is an easy way to go around this. Thanks

Also I did red the LED sticky but did not see anything on this.

#2 10 years ago

I am using some old PBL singles for now. Is it something to do with this type of bulb? Different brand maybe?

#3 10 years ago

anybody?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

I am using some old PBL singles for now

Depending on what those are might be your problem. I suggest trying a few newer ones to see if you really have a resistor problem (which I doubt you do). PBL, Coin Taker, and a newer Company in Cali...the name escapes me at the moment but they are on Pinside. Good luck.

#5 10 years ago

Pinballbulbs.com

#6 10 years ago

Thought so, thanks. Gotta place an order but was kinda waiting on this.

#7 10 years ago

I replaced all the GI 555 bulbs in the backglass on my Freddy with LEDs from PinballLife, but unfortunately didn't read that they have been reported to be incompatible with Freddy. Oddly enough, they did work briefly then stopped. I changed them all back out to incandescent and still not coming on besides rare occasion. (I hear the relay trip which usually turns the lights on/off, but no change.) Next step will be testing fuses, but looks like I also have to order new LEDs.

#8 10 years ago

Do not use the singles they are polarized and they won't work in every socket. Some sockets are reverse polarity from others. That is not a resistor board on the sockets. Its the diode board. Use the more expensive bulbs as suggested. They work fine.

GI is another story. GI is AC and can use what ever you prefer. I have the single PBL bulbs in the entire GI on my Freddy and in the backbox. Looks wonderful.

#9 10 years ago

send me a pic of that if you have one handy robtronjohn.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-3-and-leds-speed-bump and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.