201507_Gor-resistor.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG0276.jpg
20150405_111309.jpg
20150405_111337.jpg
20150405_111344.jpg
IMG_2116.JPG
image-396.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 9 years ago

I love WMS 3-7 games! I like to think i am an expert at everything involving the PCBs in this game.

Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I have a time warp and a broken firepower that I'm trying to bring back from the dead. Looking for anyone with playable boards if they have them. I'm on the edge everyday about buying a Phoenix but I really don't have the room right now
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I can fix / rebuild your firepower boards sans some major battery damage. $200 shipped back for the MPU, driver, sound, speech, and power board all rebuilt, cleaned, and tested. I have a few hundred board rebuilds worth of experience. Right now i am running at about 1 month turn around time. Might vary a little bit each way.

7 years later
#86 1 year ago

Prototype sys 3-7 mpu/driver. This is most creative i've gotten so far on a recreation. I put the connectors where they should go and then free formed the rest of it just putting parts where I thought they would route easily at. I changed up a lot of the circuitry to simplify things like using eight bit chips with output disables (way less 7408s) that probably didn't exist in 1978. Test digit with discreet LEDs . There is a spiderweb on the back to fix the all the dumb mistakes I made on the first try, but it works.

I created circuit boards to build a test fixture (lamp tester, switch tester, sol, power distribution, etc) that came in the mail today. I slopped a bunch of polyurethane on a piece of plywood I am going to use to put a test fixture together soon. Dreading doing the wiring.... Anyone have spare wire harness set that goes from the sys 3-6 master display board to each four satellite displays?

8 months later
#98 5 months ago

So I have gotten back 4-5 mpus with the display strobe decoder chips blown out. It was a head scratcher about what was killing the chip. I finally figured out what is going on with the help a customer and his picture.... 1J2 and 1J6 are keyed the same. 1J2 is power input to the MPU. 1J6 is display digit strobe output. When you reverse those two plugs you shorting out the decoder chip and putting 12v on one output. Chip craps out and sometimes goes bang.

Looks like system 3-6 had series resistors between 1J6 and the decoder chip that got deleted at system 7. I think it would be a good idea to put them back...

Why the heck did WMS key the plugs the same! Seems quite ridiculous they had seven good options of where to key and they repeated the power input plug pattern with a nearby plug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Myers, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-3-9-club?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.