(Topic ID: 230614)

williams system 6 won't go into diagnostic test mode

By Pin-up

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0985 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-up.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I've got a williams/united shuffle alley/puck bowler (Triple Strike) that uses the williams system 6 boards. I'd like to go into the test diagnostic test mode for light/display/switch testing but it won't go into that test mode at all. Any ideas? It goes into book keeping/adjustment totals weather the auto up switch is in the down or up position. I've checked all 3 of the test switches in the coin door and the diode with my meter and everything checks out good.

I've got plenty of system 3-11 pins and would assume that it's the same method to get into that test mode, but maybe I'm wrong here. Maybe it's a dip switch setting?

I do have schematics but I don't have a complete manual specifically for this Triple Strike puck bowler.

I've just finished going through the game and it is playing great, but I'd like to check all of the switches in test mode to make sure everything is registering properly for scoring.

All board connectors were cleaned and re-flown, any chips in sockets were cleaned and re-seated, the pin reset motor was replaced (burned up), a handful of broken pin reset parts were replaced with new ones, a pair of resistors on the master display were changed so all the segments light up on all of the displays now, and some general cleaning was done.

I haven't been able to find this game manual out on the net yet either.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Pull the coin door off of you Alien Poker and plug it into this and see if you can get it to go into diagnostics.

Silly thing about those wires..... they have to be connected......

Mouse house cleaned up, chewed up wires reconnected, and all the eaten away parts of wire insulation on several wires were patched up to avoid further issues. We are now 100% golden.

Bowl on my friends!

IMG_0985 (resized).JPGIMG_0985 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-up.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-3-6-won-t-go-into-diagnostic-test-mode?tu=pin-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.