Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by robx46
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 55 days ago

I just noticed on my Caribbean Cruise cocktail that the lamps in my 2 bumpers are by far brighter than any others. Also when I turn the game off, these 2 lamps stay on & slowly fade out. They don't completely go out until about 5 seconds after the game is turned off. I get the same behavior with both incandescent & LED. All the board MosFET's test ok. There is a small resistor board under the PF that these lamps seem attached to. 4 of them they all have the same spec so I think they are ok.
I don't have a manual though, that might be helpful.

#2 55 days ago

Yikes one led actually started to melt. While everything does technically work ok, I just don't want my game to catch on fire

1 week later
#4 42 days ago

Another bump. Hoping somebody knows something. I still can't figure it out.

#5 42 days ago

Take some bulbs out. Test the voltage and compare bright one to normal one. You’ll probably discover higher voltage at the bright one. Then you will have an idea which circuit may be shorted, adding unwanted voltage.

#6 40 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Take some bulbs out. Test the voltage and compare bright one to normal one. You’ll probably discover higher voltage at the bright one. Then you will have an idea which circuit may be shorted, adding unwanted voltage.

These lamps go to an under playfield resistor board. the board looks pretty crispy but no shorts & resistors test ok. I'm wondering if a resistor tests at spec in the board if it could still be an issue.

#7 40 days ago
Quoted from robx46:

I'm wondering if a resistor tests at spec in the board if it could still be an issue.

If you're getting additional voltage in the circuit the resistor could be fine and your bulb would still be brighter.

#8 40 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you're getting additional voltage in the circuit the resistor could be fine and your bulb would still be brighter.

Transistors seem fine. & I don't have a manual. Board looks good. I'm just not sure why only these 2 bulbs would be getting extra voltage?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 18.99
Playfield - Protection
PinShield
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
£ 50.00
Cabinet Parts
PinballToys
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 14.95
$ 14.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 899.00
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,599.99
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside