Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by donjagra
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Jediturtle said:

Unfortunately that "progressive jackpot" feature plagues a few Sys11 games.
    Just to name a few...
    "elvira" letters carry over from game to game on EATPM. My buddies and I would always wait until it was at "ELVIR" before we would put any money in.
    Jokerz! resets jackpot at 2.5 million and grows up to a max of $ million. same thing with Cyclone, Bad Cats and a few others i can't remember.

It's such a shame that they did that. I guess it's a good incentive to play in an arcade, but in home use it's a real bummer. That's an experiment that I'm glad didn't last too long!

#52 12 years ago

Hey all,

Thanks again for the advice. "They're cheap! Buy two!" And I will...

Luke

#53 12 years ago

I own two Sys11 games: Swords of Fury and Black Knight 2000. They're both in my all-time top 5.

Pat Lawlor's Sys11 games are every bit the equal of his DMD games: Banzai Run, Earthshaker, Whirlwind. Earthshaker is my personal favorite but you can't go wrong with any of them.

The 500K-4M jackpot is all too common in Sys11s but among skilled players, it rarely goes above 1M. (Though, some reset it to 1.5M when credits go to 0.) Black Knight 2000 handled its jackpot differently; it started at 1M and only increased during (jackpot) multiball. This also provided incentive to keep multiball going after collecting the jackpot, to increase the jackpot for the next multiball. Earthshaker had 7 different fixed values for the jackpot, from 500K to 2.5M, with one also giving special and another also giving extra ball. Whirlwind has its Million+ where jackpots start at 2M and increase to a max of 10M.

#54 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

System 11 is the best era of pins IMO....You are missing a bunch:
    EATPM
    BK2000
    SOF
    F-14
    Diner
    BBBB
    Taxi
    Cyclone
    BR

nice catch on birthday bash
    also transporter 11B

I really like Whirlwind, MK2000, Party monsters and Taxi the best.
    There are some very strange and unique pins I would not mind playing more.
    Alot of them are in this era

Best of luck

#55 12 years ago

Whirlwind is awesome!
    Dr Dude is very rough.
    I've got a rollergames for sale. It's a mix between Whirlwind and T2 IMO. Game works great but the playfield is in rough shape. Lookin for 8.

#56 12 years ago

Rollergames is a fun game, sure the theme is cheesy but it makes the most of it. I'd describe its layout as closer to High Speed than anything else, just with the addition of 'The Pit' VUK and the magnet on the upper flipper. It's another Steve Ritchie design, like High Speed and Black Knight 2000.

#57 12 years ago

If you want a system 11 cocktail pin. Look for a Caribbean Cruise, It's pretty fun

#58 12 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

Black Knight 2000 handled its jackpot differently; it started at 1M and only increased during (jackpot) multiball. This also provided incentive to keep multiball going after collecting the jackpot, to increase the jackpot for the next multiball.

I actually did not know that! Thank you!

#59 12 years ago

Wouldn't it be easier to list what system 11 games to avoid?

#60 12 years ago

Williams System 11 where always my favorite machines back in the day.
    Just picked up a whirlwind and love it!

#61 12 years ago

I love the progressive jackpots on system 11's. It makes it so much more random on who wins it and makes for a great incentive for good play.

Just yesterday, after I got done building up taxi's jackpot to 4million, but buddy rocked it. It was funny... he jumped up and down a few times. He was thrilled that he got to enter his initials into the top score.

#62 12 years ago

I have Space station and F14.. both really rock. You cant go wrong with either IMHO.
    I'm hunting for a Pinbot and Bk2k right now.

Never played wirlwind, taxi, or diner but I'm going to have to at least check out wirlwind. Maybe earthshaker. The taxi or Diner themes dont appeal to me.

#63 12 years ago
    Quoted from malice95:

The taxi or Diner themes dont appeal to me.

Both are on my short list. So if anyone has a lead, let me know.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11s-worth-checking-out/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.