5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by nats
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-607.jpg
    image-914.jpg
    hiscore.jpg
    image-931.jpg
    image-547.jpg
    DSCF8303.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    image-120.jpg
    image-446.jpg
    image-971.jpg
    image-605.jpg
    image-323.jpg
    image-242.jpg
    image-461.jpg

There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 5 years ago

Is it just my location in the west or does it seem to others that system 11s are getting harder to find?
    I've really started enjoying the system 11s i have and have been looking for more titles with about 0 luck.
    Seems when they do come up for sale the prices are not too inflated but some titles just don't seen to come
    Up for sale or are gone fast.

#2 5 years ago

I agree. They don't come up much and when they do they are gone quick. Lots of bang for buck in S11 land.

#3 5 years ago

Yup, they are, along with all the other 1995 and older machines. They are the only games a lot of people can afford, so they generally sell faster, now for much more than they did even a few years ago due to increased popularity.

All the crates that have come over from outside the US to the east coast over the past few year apparently have been misrepresented junk too according to a buyer I know. That doesn't help.

#4 5 years ago

Sooner or later there will be nothing left but overpriced parts machines or good and bad restore jobs. Parallels with muscle cars.

#5 5 years ago

There was an F14 for sale locally for $600, but I missed it.

There is a Taxi for sale at $1500. I really want the Taxi, but I think it's too much. I would be into it for around $1200, but my previous experience with this seller tells me, he won't budge.

#6 5 years ago

I see a lot of Millionaires for sale

#7 5 years ago

RD has them all.... well.... Almost

#8 5 years ago

System 11's are the best bang for the buck right now. Great games. Get them while you still can!

#9 5 years ago

I have a players taxi for sale

#10 5 years ago

I see quite a few Sys11 around all the time it seems???

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from TrainH2o:

There was an F14 for sale locally for $600, but I missed it.
    There is a Taxi for sale at $1500. I really want the Taxi, but I think it's too much. I would be into it for around $1200, but my previous experience with this seller tells me, he won't budge.

He had that High Speed listed for $1500 last week and now he is down to $1200 (which is also too high) but you never know till you ask.

Worst case scenario is that you make him mad and he doesn't sell you the game he wasn't going to sell you anyways.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

No I don't.

Would really like to find a NICE Whirlwind though!

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

He had that High Speed listed for $1500 last week and now he is down to $1200 (which is also too high) but you never know till you ask.
    Worst case scenario is that you make him mad and he doesn't sell you the game he wasn't going to sell you anyways.

He has a CFTBL, that has been on the market for $3800. I asked him what the least he would take was, and he said he was firm on the price and required cash. I was planning on paying with coconuts, but I guess that's out.

He beat me on the High Speed. It was listed for $500, and he called an hour before me. The seller said he couldn't come until the next day, when I was 30 minutes away, and available.

#14 5 years ago

Well i can't complain, i have
    Elvira PM
    Whirlwind
    Earthshaker
    High speed
    Grand lizard
    Taxi
    Swords fury
    Space station
    Dr dude

I guess the guys like me that dig system 11 seem to whore them up and that why they are hard to find?
    Agreed, lots of bang for the buck.
    Games on the west coast and northwest bring more money than the east. I would never see any $1200 taxis here in any condition. A few hammered high speeds show up for 1k but it's tough out there.
    There was that seller in Florida that was trying to trade like 20 pins for a motor home a while back.
    I offered him book value for all of his system 11 pins and he said no.
    The quest goes on, i like the hunt anyways.

#15 5 years ago

I LOVE me some system 11! And yea whirlwind is pure pinball sweetness...uh oh..looks like rain! lol

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

guys like me that dig system 11

Yeah that would be me too. ww, es, f14, taxi, police force, jokerz. Great pins. They do still turn up in the midwest, but if one is priced right, you will be hard pressed to call quickly enough.
    So why does a system 11 guy have a shaq attaq? Even more bang for the buck then my system 11's. I know there are few dmd era pins more loathed on this forum then shaq. That kinda drew me to it and it's a blast.

#17 5 years ago

Jokerz, radical, transporter, mousing around, diner, bad cats
    Eluding me at any cost it seems

#18 5 years ago

I love my Sys 11's;
    Bad Cats
    BK2K
    Police Force
    BBBB
    Earthshaker
    Whirlwind (DP)
    Mousin Around
    Funhouse
    Diner (DP)
    Game Show
    Pool Sharks
    Taxi
    Dr Dude

Agreed... a lot of pinball for the $$$

#19 5 years ago

More people discovered them, and they are hanging on to them longer now. They really are great games. It's a bummer they can't remake some (they could never support NIB prices).

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

It's a bummer they can't remake some (they could never support NIB prices)

That was the general consensus from the thread I tried yesterday on that very subject. It would come down to price. NIB system 11 games actually have a shot at some of my money. They are just the pins I like.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

That was the general consensus from the thread I tried yesterday on that very subject. It would come down to price. NIB system 11 games actually have a shot at some of my money. They are just the pins I like.

I think that F14, Whirlwind and Funhouse would do well at the right price and with the addition of a DMD.

If they could do it for under $4,000, I bet there would be a lot of interest. How hard could it be to do, today?

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from TrainH2o:

I think that F14, Whirlwind and Funhouse would do well at the right price and with the addition of a DMD.
    If they could do it for under $4,000, I bet there would be a lot of interest. How hard could it be to do, today?

Under $4,000 at the distributor, I assume? A tight fit at best, but I wouldn't say impossible.

#23 5 years ago

The machines are way undervalued, so people aren't selling them. When they do pop up, more often the machine is really beat up, like the mylar is peeling and inserts losing the paint, etc. So unless you're lucky and get a nice one, you end up buying a project to restore.

It seems like the only place I reliably find older machines for sale is at the expo/explosion. There was a Diner there last year, and since then not once have I seen one up for sale anywhere.

#24 5 years ago

I managed to score the ones I wanted at this point. Glad to have them, at they don't appear here too often.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from TrainH2o:

It would still be very difficult and expensive to set up shop reproducing a SYS11, perhaps even more so than later machines due to most or all the original tooling being MIA. They'd have to re-create them. Obviously some original silk-screens have survived (CPR has some, like Centaur for non sys11 example). Some would need to be or have been completely re-created. Lots and lots of work there to do that. Endless hours reproducing it.

And given the option between paying $1200 for a nice working Pinbot versus $4k NIB, most are going to take the $1200 option. Unless SYS11 start going north of $5k and can justify a $6-7K NIB price tag, nobody will take on reproducing them because there is no profit to be made.

#26 5 years ago

I don't see as many for sale as I used to a year or two ago, but I just got a sys11 earlier this year and am selling it. Found it on CL from a non pinhead. When you focus on one thing/item you'll be hypersensitive imo.

#27 5 years ago

Maybe not completely drying up, but players games and projects at reasonable prices sure are.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

Are System 11s drying up?

If so, would applying a wood moisturizer help?

#29 5 years ago

I was just searching for a project one in my neighborhood and have not had much luck.

That may be price more than availability.

#30 5 years ago

Freakin hoarders
    Iphone 2014 015.JPG

#31 5 years ago

The tale of two...ahem, 4 taxis. How is that one coming along?

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

The tale of two...ahem, 4 taxis. How is that one coming along?

Not as good as I would like. I had to set them aside for a short bit in order to take care of a few friends games. Should be back to speed on them in a week.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Not as good as I would like. I had to set them aside for a short bit in order to take care of a few friends games. Should be back to speed on them in a week.

Cool, I've enjoyed following that thread.

Now, back to System 11 games... I plan on replacing the Comet I'm restoring when it is finished with Bad Cats. It has been tricky finding one of these in good shape for the right price, hence the well drying and people holding onto them. Almost had one a few months back, but it of course it fell through last minute. I'm a sucker for Python Art packages, and that one happens to be one of his best IMO.

#34 5 years ago

I passed on a couple of ES at Allentown due to price. They are getting harder to find

#35 5 years ago

I am looking for a project or players grade whirlwind (just like everyone else) if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of. I have found a BK2K that I want but the seller won't sell it till he can go get the back glass from his friends house. For the dollar, system 11s are where it's at.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I passed on a couple of ES at Allentown due to price. They are getting harder to find

That's funny... You complain about how scarce they are but won't pay a higher price. I'm curious what they were asking that made you turn up your nose.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I am looking for a project or players grade Whirlwind (just like everyone else) if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of. I have found a BK2K that I want but the seller won't sell it till he can go get the back glass from his friends house. For the dollar, system 11s are where it's at.

The backglass is pretty important for BK2K. One of the best ones in pinball.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Maybe not completely drying up, but players games and projects at reasonable prices sure are.

Perfect example:

columbus.craigslist.org link

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Perfect example:

To me that seems like a reasonable ask for the machine pictured. I wouldn't pay it because I think RBG is a boring game, but it seems reasonable. If you won't pay it maybe someone else would.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

The backglass is pretty important for BK2K. One of the best ones in pinball.

I have found another back glass somewhere else but he doesn't want to sell it unless it's whole.

#41 5 years ago

I've got a feeling that since the prices are coming down on more recent Sterns might we see some more system 11s be dumped on the market? Or is that just wishful thinking? Haha

#42 5 years ago

Most sys 11s are better than new sterns.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

To me that seems like a reasonable ask for the machine pictured. I wouldn't pay it because I think RBG is a boring game, but it seems reasonable. If you won't pay it maybe someone else would.

I am going to disagree that it is reasonable, because from what I have been seeing even the more sought after titles tend to sit at that asking price. If you've got a Taxi or a PinBot listed at $1750, it had better be a restored or minty example if you have any hopes of getting that price, a very nice Whirlwind or EATPM is hopeful. RBG...forget it, you're not getting anything near that.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

I'm curious what they were asking that made you turn up your nose.

2400 to 2800. There was one there that had a totally blown out PF that I liked. I know I'm

But we could not meet at a price. cant remember my offer but I'm sure it was low.

#46 5 years ago

Not out west, good title player condition system 11s will bring $1500 to $2500 and be gone as fast as they pop up. Whirlwind, EATPM , earthshaker, taxis, try 2to 3k for non restored.

#47 5 years ago

Anyone have a really nice Space Station they're looking to sell?

#48 5 years ago

whirlwind playfield.png

What does a fully working Whirlwind with broke plastics, cracked ramps at entry, and this kind of playfield wear bring???

#49 5 years ago

Below $2000 for any System 11 with no significant defects is a good deal IMO.

If the playfield is damaged, sure, it should be sub $1,000. But for a nice one, I'd generally pay up to $2,000 for a machine I want. You have to consider how hard it is to find a machine from 25 years ago that hasn't taken a beating. Both those CL posts seem good (though there is often a problem that's not so obvious from the photos, and that's when it's time to haggle or walk).

Of course, Chicago is one of the first cities to get pinflated. Every machine is more expensive here. A seller in another area may have a great price but no buyers! A wise seller in those areas would stay firm on the price and lug the machine to expo if it doesn't sell.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Well, working on it ....

At least I sold all my double ups!

Quoted from wayout440:

Perfect example:

That's a pretty darn nice Riverboat Gambler. Pretty game, but ruined a little by random jackpots etc.

I wouldn't pay $1750 for one, but for someone who wants a RbG and wants a nice one, that fits the bill.

I agree, an average RbG should be around $1000 though. That'd be plenty.

Average Sys11s titles were selling for $500-1000 usd all the time a few years back. I guess blame guys like me who keep saying how great they are and how much bang for the buck they provide, and demand goes up and prices go up. The fact is you can still buy probably 4x Sys11s for the same price as a TWD Pro (in the USA)

4 is better than 1 ... In my books anyway.

rd.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 60.00
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 149.00
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.95
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.40
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside