(Topic ID: 251342)

System 11b board blowing both 7 amp fuses on Power supply board.

By Lovetoplaypinbal

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DumbAss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

swords of fury system 11 board 127 ohms (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I have a Swords of Fury with I believe a System 11b MPU. I immediately blow both 7 Amp fuses on the power supply board. I have removed the MPU board to bench with a comuter power supply and have the same problem. Computer supply goes dead. Any Idea what I should be looking for on the board? It does have some corrosion.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Ryan

#2 4 years ago

BR1 has failed causing F5 and F6 to blow. Test it before replacing but my money is on the bridge rectifier re the power supply issue.

I’m not sure what you mean in the second part - the bench PS goes dead?

#3 4 years ago

Check for continuity between +5V and GND. Given that you said the PC power supply produces the same result .... it's likely that you have a short on the CPU board.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Check for continuity between +5V and GND. Given that you said the PC power supply produces the same result .... it's likely that you have a short on the CPU board.

Good point, I assumed the game power supply was blowing fuses with the mpu disconnected, but reading it again that wasn’t suggested.

#5 4 years ago

Please post a picture of the CPU board.

#6 4 years ago

Sorry I had a heck of a time even getting back to here. Still figuring out how to operate Pinside website. Yes the problem seems to be on the board. I only have 127 ohms from tp5 to ground. I have replaced capacitors and installed correctly. I have a working board and I measure same test points 330 Ohms. I have chased this all over the place with ohm meter and cannot figure out where the partial short is. Please note I just took the picture and if you see a few components with one end disconnected that is because I am still troubleshooting. Also C24 is removed and c2 c3 are removed. also removed u6 and u1. Did not help with my partial short at all.

swords of fury system 11 board 127 ohms (resized).jpgswords of fury system 11 board 127 ohms (resized).jpg
#7 4 years ago

I am afraid the board does have battery alkaline damage, just as I suspected.

#8 4 years ago

So not fixable?
Or can I do something to it?

#9 4 years ago

Lots of work ahead on that one. All the parts that were affected, need to be removed, board treated, and new parts installed.

Even if that is repaired, you still could have that same power issue to deal with. The problems may not actually be related.

#10 4 years ago

You could put up a WTB ad for an original working, non-damaged 11B MPU board and then sell this one.

#11 4 years ago

What are the problems with Rottendog MPU's. I read a lot of bad stuff about them. But I have talked to a few people in person and they have had good luck with system 11 rottendogs.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovetoplaypinbal:

What are the problems with Rottendog MPU's. I read a lot of bad stuff about them. But I have talked to a few people in person and they have had good luck with system 11 rottendogs.

I just got a rottendog for my system 11 tranporter and besides being ridiculously expensive and having a bad U24 chip right out of the box it is good to go. it will get me by until my original gets fixed.

#13 4 years ago

I'm not a fan of Rottendog power supply and MPU boards. Some replacement parts are hard to find as they are not the same parts used on original boards. If you send off the board for warranty work, expect over a month, if you are lucky to get it back.

Also, there are some compatibility issues with certain MPU boards in certain title games.

#14 4 years ago

The board you have is a System 11a (little A - not to be confused with 11A). This board originally came from a Pin*Bot.

If you do search for a replacement you only need System 11B for Swords of Fury. Do NOT get a System 11C board. 11C is NOT compatible with Swords of Fury without populating the missing sound/audio section on the CPU board. System 11A boards have different sound mixing resistors and capacitors so while they are compatible on the surface they may produce slightly different than expected results.

Please do NOT throw that board away. It's fixable although it may not be cost effective to have it professionally repaired. If all else fails there are ICs on that board that can be salvaged.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11b-board-blowing-both-7-amp-fuses-on-power-supply-board?hl=lovetoplaypinbal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.