By DallasRob

11 months ago

Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by DallasRob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BGS2003.jpg

#1 11 months ago

Howdy.

This is a Bally The Game Show built in 2003.

It's been blowing the fuse that has the lower kickers and the knocker.

My son noted that the kickers are more energetic than he's seen before. I pulled out the multi-meter and that circuit (along with the flippers) are showing 75v instead of 50v.

I've looked around but I can't figure out where to start testing. Would someone set me off on the right path?

Thanks,

Rob

#2 11 months ago

How can this be built in 2003?
You can also look at the jumpers on the transformer, look at the white wire if its on pin 7 = 115 volts. Pin 4 is 103 volts setting and will give you about 12% more power when plugged into 115 volt.
I would take an ohm measurement of each coil on the affected fuse and compare them to the coil chart.

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

How can this be built in 2003?
You can also look at the jumpers on the transformer, look at the white wire if its on pin 7 = 115 volts. Pin 4 is 103 volts setting and will give you about 12% more power when plugged into 115 volt.
I would take an ohm measurement of each coil on the affected fuse and compare them to the coil chart.

That's what the factory sticker says. "Bally Game Show 2003". A bunch of the internal parts have 2003 on their stickers. Am I misreading those? I guess that it could also be referencing something but not the year. Sorry, I'm new at this.

Thanks Grumpy. Will do. I'll report back.

Rob

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from DallasRob:

Howdy.
This is a Bally The Game Show built in 2003.
It's been blowing the fuse that has the lower kickers and the knocker.
My son noted that the kickers are more energetic than he's seen before. I pulled out the multi-meter and that circuit (along with the flippers) are showing 75v instead of 50v.

Are you testing DC voltage, not AC?

#5 11 months ago

75v is normal. 50v is the nominal (minimum) voltage. You have an issue somewhere else in the game.

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index1.html#trans

By the way, Game Show was manufactured in 1990. You're probably seeing a serial number.

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from DallasRob:

Bally The Game Show built in 2003.

Let's see a picture of that sticker.

#7 11 months ago

BGS2003.jpg

#8 11 months ago

Thanks. You guys are right. That's the model number. D'Oh!

Thanks for telling me that 75v is normal. I didn't realize that it was 50v minimum.

The left kicker coil is the wrong one. It's a 23-800 when it's supposed to be a 26-1500. I don't know if that's important, but it is different than what the manual says. The 23-800 was a bit loose in the holder as well so I tightened it. Will order new correct coil.

The 26-1500 is at 15.2 Ohms and all of the 23-800s on the circuit are 5 Ohms which appear to be normal values.

Grumpy, the white wire is on pin 7 so 115v.

I'll replace the coil and ensure that all fuses are of correct type and amperage then see if it happens again.

Thanks for the info and sorry about the year confusion.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 21.00
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 331 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside