Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

081DAC74-48AD-46BC-9B10-F8B3F88067D7 (resized).jpeg
E2793B8A-3E90-48C7-9883-434B2B2D7BEB (resized).jpeg
5F8F14CE-AAD4-4774-8193-DA2630D45AF8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Can you post a picture of your CPU board?

#5 4 years ago

Have you tried reseating the 6802 at U24 on the CPU board?

#9 4 years ago

May want to go over the IC pins with a pink pencil eraser if it acts up again. But be careful not to put too much pressure on the legs and bend them.

#10 4 years ago

I had found quite a few bad Hitachi 6802 (that brand you have in U24 now) fail. Hopefully, this is not one of those such times.

3 years later
#31 1 year ago
Quoted from interconnect:

Getting +12 and ~ -13.3 or -13.4. Varies a bit.

It is good. That is an unregulated 12 volts so it will vary.

Just one idea. With the game off, turn the volume pot up/down 10 times and try it again.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:

Occasionally when I power the machine up, it will lock up when booting, and the “bong” tone will be in a constant loop.

What are 5v, 12v and -12 volts measuring on the power supply?. This is an original power supply board? Mind posting a picture of it?

Have you reseated your ribbon cable between the MPU and sound board?

So you have an original Williams MPU installed? If so, mind posting a picture of it?

#35 1 year ago

Have new volume pot on sound board.

There is not a volume control a system 11 A or B original sound board that I am aware of. Edit: I see pictures of your Bad Cats in the link and you have an aftermarket sound board. Never seen that one before, but I would not expect an issue with that sound board.

I would be talking about a volume control inside the cabinet. Turn it both ways 10 times while power is off.

Rottendog MPU boards are notorious for different sound issues mostly because of design issues, so likely issue is cause of it.

What is wrong with your original MPU board?

I really suggest creating a new repair thread. This thread was created by the OP for his specific game. You have a unique situation that does not involve even the original Williams boards anymore. Makes things more complicated.

#38 1 year ago

I originally posted it here because I have the literal exact same issue as the OP

Does not sound like the same issue to me. Seems far from it.

#40 1 year ago

Background sound randomly dropping out while sound effects continue to work and all sound returns on the next ball on a System 11 machine doesn’t sound the same to you? That’s literally the exact same issue I have.

If so, then why is not yet repaired?

Same similar symptoms don't always equal same repair results

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11a-music-sound-problem?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.