4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hoping someone can give me a quick yes/no on this one. I have a buddy that has a Fire! that I suspect his power supply is going and needs rebuilt. I was going to pull one of mine (Taxi, Mousin' Around, Whirlwind) and take it over to help him isolate his issue. I pulled up the manuals and the images of the power supplies look different. I'm guessing these are not compatible but wanted to see if anyone had done this.

#2 4 years ago

Check that your games actually match your manuals. In my taxi manual the power supply is the wrong one for the game...

#3 4 years ago

Fire PSU Board = D-8345 Rev B

Taxi - PSU Board = D-12246

Mousin' Around - PSU Board = D-12246

Whirlwind - PSU Board = D-12246

I wouldn't swap Fire with them...

Just take voltage measurements on his Fire PSU. That will tell you if it needs a new Caps or not. Most of the time it's J1 that needs attention...

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from crazi:

Fire PSU Board = D-8345 Rev B
    Taxi - PSU Board = D-12246
    Mousin' Around - PSU Board = D-12246
    Whirlwind - PSU Board = D-12246
    I wouldn't swap Fire with them...
    Just take voltage measurements on his Fire PSU. That will tell you if it needs a new Caps or not. Most of the time it's J1 that needs attention...

Thanks. I was going to measure the voltages and check for drops for sure but figured if I was going anyway might as well bring a known good one. I'll check his connectors out too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11a-b-power-supply-compatability and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.