Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-pimp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Ok so I'm not a newb at this but I am stuck.
Williams Jokerz pin, I have 2 of them and have swaped things around and narrowed it down
To the main driver board. I'm getting a U54 piaa failure. Soldered in a new 6821 chip and it fires
Right up and plays perfect. Turn it off and back on and the failure returns. So what am I missing?
Another bad upstream component? Board is clean, no hacks, never been repaired until I installed the new chip. Any suggestions where to look for the bad parts?

#2 8 years ago

Ok so I'm not getting a solid light on the blanking signal but the game will boot and goes into a adjustment failure. I can clear it out, game goes to factory settings and will play fine. Off and on same thing again. So I think something in the blanking circuit? U25 memory chip?

#4 8 years ago

Yes i normaly do add sockets but forgot to order them New u54 is working but goes right to adjustment failure when turned on Battery is good, voltage is good. If I hit test switch on board i get a memprot error

#6 8 years ago

Real good. On power up getting a adjustment failure. Has remote battery and voltage is good

#8 8 years ago

I phone fat finger typing error

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-pimp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-u54-failure-help?tu=pin-pimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.