Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jrkitty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a Police Force with suspected interconnect board problems. I believe these are game specific, so my question is: Will the interconnect board from my Whirlwind plug and play in my Police Force since both of these games are system 11B, or does something prevent these boards from interchanging. I would like to do this to see if the problem goes away, or if not, then I can rule out the interconnect board.

Thanks in advance for any help

#2 8 years ago

They have different part numbers so I'd say no. Police Force is D-12313-573 and WW is D-12313-574

#3 8 years ago

The sand resistors are different values, depending on what game the interconnect goes in. That's because some games have multiple flashers on a transistor versus only 1, or in some cases, zero. Some resistors may be replaced with a jumper wire in some cases. Consult the manual.

For testing, you'll be fine.

If you ever want to put a interconnect in a game it didn't come in, just look at the correct game's manual and figure out which resistors need changed.

Also, it never hurts to check the resistors that are there. They do go bad sometimes.

#4 8 years ago

There are also some differences on the very first interconnect boards. Used in 1 or 2 games they don't have the 1425 opto isolators used for the lane change and A/C relay. Taxi I think is one of them.

What problem are you having on the Police Force?

#5 8 years ago

some sort of problem with "pinball missing" errors. Checked everything 9 ways to Sunday, switches, actuators, connections. Spotty issues. It will play fine for a game, then decide in the middle of play that a pinball is missing. also intermittent problems with recognition that the ball is over. I put in my spare cpu board and same issue, so I ruled that out (unless it is one of those 6 roms that I had to move over to my spare board).

I figured I would try swapping the interconnect board and see if I still have the problem. The game is currently out on the route, so if I cannot fix soon, it will have to come back to the shop.

#6 8 years ago

I had a game doing something like that once, was driving me nuts trying to figure it out. Turned out it was a GI wire that just ran under the ball trough. It would get in the way of 1 of the ball trough switches from actuating all the way. Re-routed it, problem solved.

#7 8 years ago

I will check that again dozer, but did look for that. All switches register one at a time in the switch edges test. but if you push 2 from that column at the same time, they do not register. same in switch levels test

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball
Hardware
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Machine - For Sale
Youngsville, LA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-tech-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.