Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pinwizkid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

So while I know there is a wealth of information out there about the system 11 switch matrix, this one is new to me. I have a system 11A CPU from an F-14 Tomcat in which whenever I activate a switch, every switch from every column and row turns on with the except of the bottom two rows. A few of the switch only activate a handful of switches, but most of them trigger everything. The CPU did have very, very minor alkaline damage, but I'm thinking that it just managed to creep into the wrong spot. The board has the same issue in two different F-14s so it's definitely isolated to the board. My first thought was to change the U38 PIA but before I start replacing chips I figured I'd start a thread to see if anyone can point me in the right direction. I am good at replacing board components but bad at diagnosing where the issue is.

Thanks!

#2 5 months ago

Christmas eve bump

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 279.95
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
€ 3.70
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Culpeper, VA
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside