(Topic ID: 216872)

System 11 siderail adhesive?

By goingincirclez

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Finally have re-decaled the cabinet for the Bad Cats my young girls and I have been restoring (side note: Classic Arcades, never again!)

Is there a specific recommended type of adhesive tape for the siderails? They were a b!^@# to remove. In fact most of the tape is intact and even a little bit tacky, and I'm almost tempted to just re-use it; the hinge bolts and other hardware should secure them well enough besides. But then why not do it right? I figure 3M Automotive Emblem Tape is the closest in style, if I were to look for local off-shelf. Os should I be looking for something else?

#2 5 years ago

Bump, because I seriously can't be the only one who's ever encountered this?

#5 5 years ago

Ah crud, forgot to say thanks for that link to the pinrestore page. After seeing what they have, it IS the same 3M tape sold for various things, and I already had some. Works fine!

As for siderail nails... my Sys11's don't have them. Which is a good thing IMO, because those stupid nails are a bigger PITA than the tape! I think WMS abandoned nails after Sys9, but GTB had them until the end (or at least on my Big Hurt).

In theory the hinge or pf support bolts at rear, and the flipper buttons up front, would completely prevent the rails from ever falling off, and that's probably fine for stationary home use. Until it comes time to move the game or work on it, where something could snag the bottom edge of the rail and then to prying / bending / ripping it off... so the extra adhesive (or nails) is a good idea.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-siderail-adhesive?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.