Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Swainer80
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a Cyclone that is flashing a fuse on power up (coils and controlled lamps are dead). I can fix it, but I'm considering swapping the board for a modern remake of the System 11 board.

Which board is the best these days?

Thanks,
b.bum

#2 3 years ago

You're talking about the power supply, right?
Preferred is to fix the original.
Next would be (IMHO) XPin

--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#3 3 years ago

Nope; the MPU board.

#5 3 years ago

Interesting; they also make a replacement Sys 11 Aux driver board, which Rottendog does not.

As well, the board looks a bit cleaner in design.

Are there any material differences between the rottendog boards and Pinball PCB that I should be aware of?

#6 3 years ago

Their power supplies look really cool too. I love the on-board voltmeter.

#7 3 years ago

The PinballPCB high voltage power supplies use series pass transistor regulators. You would get much more mileage out of this type of HV power supply than what the others are offering.

#8 3 years ago

Just coughed up for one in my bk2k. Ill
Let you know how it works when it comes in.

1 week later
#9 3 years ago

I pulled the trigger on some PinballPCB boards (system board and aux board).

thanks!

1 week later
#10 3 years ago

How do you like the boards? I keep thinking some day I'll refurb my System 9 Sorcerer with their board set.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

How do you like the boards? I keep thinking some day I'll refurb my System 9 Sorcerer with their board set.

Haven't received them yet. Starting to get a little concerned, frankly.

2 weeks later
#12 3 years ago

Just got an email saying the board has been shipped. It has been a very long wait. I think for my Transporter I'll give Rottendog a try on a system 11. It RD has worked great on DE's Star Wars.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Just got an email saying the board has been shipped. It has been a very long wait. I think for my Transporter I'll give Rottendog a try on a system 11. It RD has worked great on DE's Star Wars.

WOW this has taken a month to ship? Good to know, I will not order from them. Plus they are more money then the others out there.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

WOW this has taken a month to ship? Good to know, I will not order from them. Plus they are more money then the others out there.

They are more money because they are a higher quality product than most. I have had to send boards back to other manufacturers after a 3 month argument over a board that was defective day one.

#15 3 years ago

I'm withholding judgment regarding whether the wait is worth it or not. It seems to be the superior board, even compared to Williams. But the wait was long and i have a hard time justifying putting one in a transporter with a very worn playfield. For bk2k I think it is a no brainer.

1 week later
#16 3 years ago

The new board is installed and works perfectly. The led indicators for the lamp and switch matrix are a nice feature and could come on handy in the future. The board is beefier, comes with a good schematic and is definitely better than the original . The packaging was excellent and I would bet the box could have been dropped from the empire state building and there wouldn't have any damage. Lots of bubble wrap. Worth the wait for sure. Its nice to have the black knight back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside