My Jokerz has music, but no speech. (Fortunately, I have a functioning Cyclone with the same CPU board)
On boot up - I get one beep indicating everything's working.
In diagnostics, it advances through music, all music tracks play. Sounds advance through from 1 to 7 with no errors, but no speech/sfx sounds play.
I hit the button on the left side of the CPU board. It's supposed to play two test sounds, one for CVSD, one for DAC. Neither play.
I swapped U15 and U24, after reading that if one was bad, it wouldn't boot. It booted and played just fine tho.
I swapped sound Roms into my Cyclone, and all the speech/sfx worked, so U21 and U22 are good.
I swapped the whole CPU board from my Cyclone into the Jokerz (Jokerz Roms swapped in), and everything works there, so I know it's a CPU board issue.
I'm looking at the manual, and it's vague enough that I can't follow. (I'm also a noob trying to learn)
1. It says to test pins 2-9 on U9 to see if they pulse on sound test. Noob question, how do i know which ones are pins 2-9? Do I test this with an electrical tester? How? connect to pins 2 and ground and see if it lights up?
2. It says to check -12 voltage. I put my meter on the -12 test spot and the ground on the board. A buzz came from the speakers, but it showed 0v. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong there. I tested the working board and it did the same thing. How, specifically, do I check for 12v?
3. It says to check if AC ripple is too high? How do I test this, and what exactly is "too high"?
4. The gray and Gray Green wires are supposed to be tested for 19.4 VAC. I don't think that's an issue since the board swap works, right?
5. It says to check the C26 capacitor for -12VDC. How exactly do you do this? Where do leads go on multimeter?
I've read up a bit on here, and I'm about ready to just shotgun approach it and replace the PIA at U9, the CVSD at U3, the amps at U4 and U5, resistor at SR1? Any idea how I can test and narrow down the issue?
Thanks for all your help!