Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am having a problem with the upper left lockout hole. It’s Q25. The game is police force. The ball will go in but the coil will not fire to kick it out. I ohmed the coil it checked out fine. I checked the transistor it’s good also. With the game on and a ball in the hole the relay on the PPb board keeps clicking. If you ground the transistor the flasher will light and if you ground it when the relay clicks it will fire the coil. Switch is working as it should. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

#2 6 years ago

its a board fault.. could be the transistor , could be the predriver, could be the 7408 gate .. somethings broken.

#3 6 years ago

That’s what I’m thinking but would the IC still work the A side and not the C side?

#4 6 years ago

Because everything else works in test but the 1 coil flasher works fine as it should.

#5 6 years ago

Check the switch, make sure it shows in switch test.

#6 6 years ago

Switch is 100% working

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

its a board fault.. could be the transistor , could be the predriver, could be the 7408 gate .. somethings broken.

+1 I assume you've checked and the coil will not fire in coil test. You know what works: wiring from driving transistor to coil must be o.k. because you can fire coil by grounding transistor. You've said you have checked the transistor so (providing you've tested properly) rule out the driver transistor. You've also ruled out the switch. Best course of action is to investigate upstream signals with either a logic probe or scope. I'd recommend starting at the output of the 7408 gate to divide and conquer. If you have a pulse out of the gate, your problem is between the gate output and driver (most likely culprit would be the predriver) if no pulse it's probably the gate, or examine even further upstream to the PIA.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-mpu-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.