6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zaza
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

interconn compare Elv-Mou.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ranhorton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm in the process of restoring a Sys 11b Mousin Around that has a fried interconnect board.
    I was able to pick up a new interconnect board at pinfest today that was in an Elvira (also sys 11b).
    Will this new board work in a Mousin' Around?
    I'm just now reading that there may be differences in the resistors on each board.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
    -Ran

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

There are differences in the resistors. I've also seen some odd things happen even with resistor replacement swapping one from one game to another. Ran into a BK2K with an ES interconnect modified and it was preventing the Flashers from working on C-side. Even replacing the little chip that interfaces with the Aux driver board and relay and double checking everything all the way back. Owner purchased a BK2K interconnect and fixed all the flashers, so I'd try my best to find one for MA if possible.

Crap.
    Was afraid of this after doing a little reading tonight. Heading back to pinfest tomorrow and will see if I can talk to the seller.
    Should have done more homework before grabbing the board today.

The only difference I noticed between the 2 boards are the 3 last resistors are different (block resistors on Elvira, little white 'diode-like' resistors on Mousin Around.

But maybe because both games are from 1989 and are running all the same boards it may work

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

Hi, this Alan_L, the seller. Two choices: either cut out the block resistors on your board and install jumpers, or return the board for a full refund.

That's really awesome of you, Alan.
    Thank you.
    Can I bring the board back to you tomorrow and you can show me which resistors to cut & jump? I noticed a few more resistors have different ohms on them, too.

If for some reason this resistor-swap is something I'm not confident doing then a refund is much appreciated.

I'd love to get this board you sold me to work in my Mousin Around because it's in amazing shape!!!

-Ran

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ranhorton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-interconnect-board-differences?tu=Ranhorton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.