(Topic ID: 212517)

system 11 high speed power issue or rest problem?

By kingsparts123

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

i tested power at the power supply getting 5.1 and 13.4 is the 13.4 to high on the 12v side? just recapped the power supply and still have the my issue if you leave it off over night or for few days when you turn it on some of the speech is out of sync or just saying wrong things if you flip it off and back on it is back to normal or after a game or 2 of playing it will fix its self as well , is this a rest problem or possible cap on the mpu board or could the 13.4 be to high on reset section and any thoughts on doing a reset mod with the MCP120-460GI/TO chip any helpful advise would be great ........already has leds ,nvram and no acid damadge other than issue listed game functions 100%

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from kingsparts123:

is the 13.4 to high on the 12v side?

No that is fine.
I had something very similar to this last month on a Pinbot. The speech sounds from the cpu would stop all to together and after being on for a while some sounds would come back. I would need to reset the game after it was warmed to get all the sounds back.

Quoted from kingsparts123:

is this a rest problem or possible cap on the mpu

I doubt that this is a reset problem as the CPU board wouldn't boot in the first place and flipping it off and on wouldn't help if the reset pulse wasn't working. But if you wanted to, replace C-30 22uf cap.

I found on my board that U-27 socket was bad as I could press on the chip and it would cause the Cpu to reboot. So I would remove the Cpu and place in on a flat surface and reseat the 4 ROM chips and the 2 processor chips.

#3 6 years ago

ill give that a try pull em clean and reflow but idk after you start it it can run for days and never act up almost like a week capacitor once its charged up its fine

#4 6 years ago

You should check the -12 volts to make sure its over 11.5 volts.

#5 6 years ago

i did it was around 14 and never looses any sounds it just says some of them wrong like when it puts ball shooter lane in it starts police talking or when suppose honk it says red light those are only 2 ive noticed so far

2 weeks later
#6 6 years ago

update problem seems to be gone but only time will tell i ordered new set of roms old set had 2 rev 2 and 2 rev 4 put new ones in and for past few days there been no issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-high-speed-power-issue-or-rest-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.