Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by johnwartjr
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djriel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the posts! I'm the new HS owner btw. ;o]

The machine will reset randomly, and it doesn't matter whether the game is being played or not. It's been moved to several different outlets on different circuits with no difference. The current circuit it is on is a newer circuit that is only being used by a TV, two lamps, and some other pinball machines. Nothing is currently on, just the one pinball machine so nothing is drawing power except this machine on that circuit. I have to eliminate this as an option.

So according to your description, it's not a slam switch type of reset. It just reboots, no message, just right back to the start. I do get a "ding" sound when it reboots, but I also get this when just turning the machine on. Slam tilt or just normal boot sound? maybe I'll make a video of this..

A couple of things you had mentioned I will check, such as the 5v power - if there is good documentation of how to check this online, can you point me to it? I'm not very electrically savvy in the pinball world, so I have some learning to do.

Coil Diode's - where are these? Keep in mind, it's not going to be anything mechanical (since it happens when the machine is just on and sitting there).

Al- btw, I fixes all of the switches, everything works - the left ball launch is still randomly triggering; it always triggers when you first turn on the machine about 6-8 times then stops, and randomly during play it will trigger about 6-8 times. weird, not sure what is causing this.

The dim lights (more they do not work) are definitely caused by the ground plate and/or the wire that grounds it. I was able to bridge it to another plate and make them all function correctly, though I removed this and will properly diagnose the problem.

thanks for the help everyone!

#9 11 years ago

I haven't gotten a chance to work on it yet, but I'll answer shpwizards questions:

Does the dome light work? yes it fully works

Is it power cycling in attract mode when the dome lightsor is supposed to light? Try cycling the dome light in the test mode. Power cycling as in does it reset - no, the dome light does not trigger it to reset. All lights seem to function normally and do not trigger anything.

Does it work fine for maybe 10-15 minutes, then reboot? Does it reboot on a regular time interval?
I was timing this to see how long it would take. At minimum it would be about 6-7 minutes, sometimes longer, up to 15 minutes - I wanted to determine if it was close to an exact time, say, if attract mode was causing it, but it was fairly random.

1 week later
#11 11 years ago

I got a chance to play around a bit with this yesterday. I've checked all of the connections behind the headboard, and I am pretty satisfied that it is not back there.

When the game is first turned on, the right launcher (that kicks the ball out to the flipper), will trigger about 8-10 times. When the game does the reset, it will also cause that launcher to kick over and over about 8-10 times. It will do this randomly as well, so it's not just specific to the reset.

The reset is also seeming to be the same as if the game were slam tilted. Makes a ding, and goes back into attract mode.

Does this mean anything to anyone? ;o]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djriel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-help-highspeed-tech-question?tu=djriel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.