Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by trumpy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
IMG_0659 (resized).JPG
955361BD-710F-4672-B219-6E6F29375C7B (resized).jpeg
420ACB79-78FA-4D78-A441-753EBBFC3EF5 (resized).jpeg
EDDE1505-DEC5-4D78-B05F-E3D78248B7DA (resized).jpeg
5B61B7CA-0B3E-4B23-B37A-B5CCF3B38EF3 (resized).jpeg
C0FCC8BD-A305-41E3-ACE9-D216A8489833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1204.jpg
DP_WW_l.jpg
20150405_223754.jpg
DSC02537.jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Have been talking to a few other pinsiders and wondering what system 11s had a diamond plate run. List yours or ones you have seen. It would be nice to compile a listing of sorts:

I own a diamond plated Riverboat Gambler.

#2 3 years ago

I have a DP Rollergames and a DP Diner.

#3 3 years ago

I actually think DP system 11s are really kinda rare. Think about it: it's hard to restore a system 11 pf without DP. You'd need a new cpr.

It's a rare find DP system 11!

#4 3 years ago

Proud owner of a DP Whirlwind fully restored and cleared

#5 3 years ago

Right now I have a fun house diamond plate, as well as a dr dude dp both nos and cleared.
I have owned whirlwind and rollergames, and t2, and bride of pinbot.
The dp pf's look a million times better than the regular sys 11, because they don't have the scratchy inserts, and the colors are super smooth and bright.

#6 3 years ago

the DP whirlwind playfield that Kruzman owned is mine now and will go into my future restore. Left it as a DP without clear, but Ron shined it up real nice for me.

#7 3 years ago

I've recently bought a Funhouse Diamond plate which is very original and playfield is very good apart from inserts around the clock area need levelling.

#8 3 years ago

I've got an XR7 Rollergames along with a NOS XR7 playfield to install in it.

I have a DP whirlwind.

Have owned 3 other DP Rollergames, a DP radical and another DP whirlwind

#9 3 years ago

XR7 Banzai Run here.

DSC02537.JPG

#11 3 years ago

So far there are 7 system 11s that had a run of diamond plating. (I'm not counting fh).

#13 3 years ago

Nope. I've linked the 7 up top.

#14 3 years ago

I've got a space station Xr7 nos space station playfield. I've never seen another. Also a roller games diamond playfield game. Have had a whirlwind and a few others in the past. I know my radical had it too. I had a dr dude with one, but it was actually a wpc board set in that one. The big thing with these is no Mylar!

#15 3 years ago

Earthshaker and pool sharks had small DP runs too.
there is a DP pool sharks on ebay right now.

#16 3 years ago

Lee, if you ever want to sell that DP Diner, give me first dibs. I will drive out to Utah for that sucker.

#17 3 years ago

My BOP had a Diamond Plate playfield. Apparently they only did about 100 on this title though.

#18 3 years ago

That's 10 system 11s now.

Bop isn't in the club!

#19 3 years ago

I have one of these DP pool Sharks

#20 3 years ago

Sorry Sealclubber. This club just isn't for you.

BOP isn't a system 11.

Looks like you're out!

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Earthshaker and Pool Sharks had small DP runs too.
there is a DP Pool Sharks on ebay right now.

No ES had diamond plate runs. There was an extremely small handful that had the XR7 run though. (Protos only I believe)

#22 3 years ago

I'm including XR7s here.

#23 3 years ago

I have a DP whirlwind and an XR7 banzai run, and used to have a DP diner as well. Although not in this club, I'll give honorable mention to my DP funhouse and former DP BoP.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I have a DP Whirlwind and an XR7 Banzai Run, and used to have a DP diner as well. Although not in this club, I'll give honorable mention to my DP Funhouse and former DP BoP.

bop and fh aren't system 11s.

This club only accepts members with system 11s. WPCs are not invited!

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'm including XR7s here.

I am aware, just correcting the info about ES is all.

I have a DP WW myself. Got a sweet deal on it. Still working on shopping it out. Tempted to have the PF sent out for restoration, but I think once the game is back together it is next on the chopping block.

#26 3 years ago

I owned a Diamondplate Rollergames...sold it. Idiot.

#27 3 years ago

Diamondplate Whirlwind here.Very nice playfield.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Diamondplate Whirlwind here.Very nice playfield.

Mine is OK, but obviously was an earner on location. Wear on the inserts, a few raised, but not bad. Minimal wear at the drops. MUCH better than a non-DP game.

#29 3 years ago

I don't think mine had the glass off for 10 years when I bought it.The playfield was almost black from dirt.When I cleaned it up I couldn't believe how nice it was.Only wear is where the ramp comes down on the playfield.

#30 3 years ago

My riverboat gambler DP is like ice! So perfect. DP is the way to go if you can get em!

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I don't think mine had the glass off for 10 years when I bought it.The playfield was almost black from dirt.When I cleaned it up I couldn't believe how nice it was.Only wear is where the ramp comes down on the playfield.

Mine was similar, except the inserts were raised from the heat from the bulbs, which is where the wear came from. Once they are leveled, it won't be bad.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

No ES had diamond plate runs. There was an extremely small handful that had the XR7 run though. (Protos only I believe)

Interesting factoid...

Years ago, I met Mark Penacho in my quest to retrofit the bank of 5 drop targets to Rollergames. Mark did the software for Rollergames, and he worked on a few other titles - Fish Tales, ES, etc.

As the software developer, he was entitled to a prototype ES, which had an XR7 playfield.

He felt his name was more prominent on the bottom of the 'production' playfield, so he traded away his XR7 Earthshaker for a 'regular' one.

Nobody knew then what we know now, it's worth significantly more

#33 3 years ago

And, it is rumored that some Bugs Bunny Birthday Balls had LS Topcoat

#34 3 years ago

LS Topcoat was the code Lenc-Smith's used for it's clearcoat process and XR7 was the code Sun called their process. The XR7 used by Sun was far superior to that used by LS. The XR7 code was ultimately changed and trademarked as Diamondplate and first used extensively on T2 onward. The DP logo was dropped from the playfields around 1993 or 1994.

I had never heard there were any games before Banzai Run that the XR7 process was used on. Pat Lawlor is attributed to starting this on BR. So to hear that it was used on Space Station is a surprise to me.

#37 3 years ago

I'm in!
20150405_223754.jpg

#38 3 years ago

Theoretically you could have a FH in the club as a very small number were produced with system 11 board sets.

Not the case for BOP though, that's defo a wpc.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Theoretically you could have a FH in the club as a very small number were produced with system 11 board sets.

My club my rules! No outsiders. Only true system 11s.

#40 3 years ago

WW DP playfield (not D&D'd)
DP_WW_l.JPG

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Not true. A few had Sys11 sound boards, with WPC CPUs and drivers.

#42 3 years ago

"bop and fh aren't system 11s. This club only accepts members with system 11s. WPCs are not invited!"

I know, that's why I said FH and BOP are not in the club and only get honorable mention

#43 3 years ago

A couple pictures of my DP Whirlwind playfield.IMG_1204.JPGIMG_1206.JPG

#44 3 years ago

ugh this makes me want a DP WW so bad, or any WW for that matter.

#45 3 years ago

Sorry for the crappy pictures.All I have is a cell phone for them.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I owned a Diamondplate Rollergames...sold it. Idiot.

Love the thumbs up from my wife on this. >=|

#48 3 years ago

I have a diamond plate ww and so does a buddy in Toronto.

Seems there are quite a few ww popping up.

#49 3 years ago

I have a DP DINER & WhirlWind.

#50 3 years ago

Just a fyi - I recently was able to get in touch with the president of the company that made parts and playfields for Gottlieb, there's also a part about diamondplate. More to read here: http://www.flippers.be/esc.html

Back on topic, years ago I've had a Rollergames DP. It did have some playfield wear..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Boards
PinSound
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rohnert Park, CA
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Sale Pending!
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Patra
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 50.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 209.99
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside