Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acid top (resized).JPG
acid bottom (resized).JPG
Acid Damage (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jr99svt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

Acid above U44, looks like a little above u45. Some below SRC3, and to the right of SRC5. Maybe its just dirt, But L2, looks a little burnt.

#5 5 years ago

Once the battery starts leaking, the corrosion starts. It's not necessarily the battery acid that kills the board, it's the corrosion. I'm not 100% on the chemistry, but corrosion spreads on metal when electricity is passed through it. If it's eaten into the traces around any of the chips, it gets hard to repair. You may not know the extent of the damage till you pull parts.

1 week later
#12 5 years ago

Did you replace the Bridge rectifier? If you haven't, that would be next for me, then IC1, if the transformer on the heat sink you were talking about was Q5, 2n6057.

#14 5 years ago

I will measure when I get home from work

#15 5 years ago

ok,
C is 12v
E is 5.2V
B is 6.5V
You dont have voltage on B, it comes out of IC1, Pin 10. what voltage do you have on pins 10, 11 and 12 of IC1? (measure each pin to ground). Put the newer 2n6057 back in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jr99svt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-dead-mpu-amp-high-power-supply?tu=Jr99svt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.