Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BE059CC7-071D-4B88-B4FD-2A8D4303C9E3 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Arrrrrrrggggggg!!!!!
Today, I had my Cyclone powered up, I wasn't paying too much attention to it, but I heard several chimes, as though it was rebooting then, BAM! Everything went dark except for G.I. No display, no MPU test lights, no sound, nada. Should I assume power supply? I'm fairly unfamiliar with SS. How do you check voltage on the power supplies? If the machine sits, turned off for a while and I turn it back on, the knocker fires once, the +5v LED lights and then goes back out. All fuses check out good.
Thanks.

#2 3 years ago

Use a multi meter on power supply. I ended up swapping out my system 11 power supply. Also check all connectors on interconnect board. John

#3 3 years ago

Um, use a multimeter where?

#4 3 years ago

On output wires. DC voltage. It should be printed on boards.

#5 3 years ago

OK, Here are my readings. 3J5-4 and 3J5-3 are correct. 3J5-6 is only .65VDC, 3J6-2 is -43VDC, While all of the 5VDC pins on 3J6 read 1.3VDC.

Sounds like a pretty sick power supply. Any thoughts on what to look at?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

OK, Here are my readings. 3J5-4 and 3J5-3 are correct. 3J5-6 is only .65VDC, 3J6-2 is -43VDC, While all of the 5VDC pins on 3J6 read 1.3VDC.
Sounds like a pretty sick power supply. Any thoughts on what to look at?

Yeah. Just get a rebuild kit and replace every capacitor on that puppy. If you have issues with the high voltage section, get a rebuild kit for that as well. It’s not very hard to swap the caps! Just did my whirlwind not long ago and solved the occasional no boot on first attempt.

BE059CC7-071D-4B88-B4FD-2A8D4303C9E3 (resized).jpegBE059CC7-071D-4B88-B4FD-2A8D4303C9E3 (resized).jpeg
#7 3 years ago

thanks,

I was going to buy a replacement board, but would rather not spend the bucks

Mine is doing, or rather not doing much more than rebooting. It doesn't boot at all, no CPU LEDs, no displays.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-cyclone-just-gi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.