(Topic ID: 109681)

system 11 display issue

By newtoit

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20141116_102805.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

A new issue came about. I fixed the first issue but now all displays are action strange. I provided a picture below

The credit/match display on my system 11 is not working, all 4 other displays are functioning. I swapped the master display board with another one and the credit/match display began working.
    The problem is on the master display board but I don't know how to further diagnose the problem. Any insight is appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

replace master display with used one, or upgrade to LED. Used board, there should be a few kicking around, LED gives u reliability and color choice if you want. I had some non working score displays and went that route...

#3 9 years ago

I suppose ill start inspecting the solder joints.

#4 9 years ago

Which sys 11 game is it from out of curiosity? I am going to guess millionaire, as there is currently no LED replacements out there.

#5 9 years ago

Its a grand lizard. I'd like to fix it rather than replace it. I'll update later today if I make any progress.

#6 9 years ago

I have an extra match display if you're interested. I gotta test it out first, but it is the only one out of 5 displays that came from my Comet that I believe works (glass looks new). I gotta rebuld the HV section on the PSU to do it first, but I'll do it tonight. Yours for $20 if it works well and isn't outgassed. Yours for free, just cover shipping if it looks like it is burned up a little.

#7 9 years ago

It looks like his credit/match display works fine, it's the display board that is his problem. He mentioned swapping the display board, and the display started working.

Things on the schematic that look like they could only affect the credit/match display:

R25, R26

But, also look at the ribbon header on the display board. A cold solder joint could take the whole display out, too!

#8 9 years ago

I reflowed the solder on connector 4j on the display board and the display now works. However now all the displays are "bleeding."
    One step forward 2 steps back. What is this new issue.

#9 9 years ago

IMG_20141116_102805.jpgIMG_20141116_102805.jpg

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

Which sys 11 game is it from out of curiosity? I am going to guess Millionaire, as there is currently no LED replacements out there.

A plug for Millionaire display, XPin has the XP-WMS11415-M.

http://www.xpinpinball.com/shop/product/xp-wms11415-m

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-creditmatch-display-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.