4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wamonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

system 11 switch (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

My Pinbot service buttons on the coin door are completely jacked, spilled beer just gummed them up.

I have a four button service button assembly from another old coin door I can swap out but can anyone help with the wiring since I will not have a locking button and it has four buttons what would be the best way to do it?

There are no three button assemblies out there. I have the mounting figured out so it will work just could use some help.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

I use WPC coin doors in my System 11 machines that I bring to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show. I do this because I want the headphone jack in the dollar bill slot plate. I have a bridge wiring harness but it's kind of a hack because there's no latching switch. I simulate the latch by wiring it such that holding one of the red (up/down) buttons is equivalent to latching the center switch. It's NOT obvious to people who don't know what to do and are used to the usual System 11 configuration.

I have several ideas to eliminate the bridge wiring harness. One is building a custom board with WPC coin door connectors on one side and System 11 connectors on the other. I'm too busy with other things to deal with designing this board so it's very low on the priority list. I also have some latching DPDT switches that I want to replace into one of the center red buttons on the four button assembly but also haven't made any progress on that front due to the aforementioned other things to deal with.

For your wiring issue you should consult the System 11 manual on the page "cabinet wiring". It shows you exactly how the coin door switches are wired. Note that the coin door switches in System 11 are on the switch matrix whereas in WPC the coin door switches are dedicated grounded switches.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

I use WPC coin doors in my System 11 machines that I bring to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show. I do this because I want the headphone jack in the dollar bill slot plate. I have a bridge wiring harness but it's kind of a hack because there's no latching switch. I simulate the latch by wiring it such that holding one of the red (up/down) buttons is equivalent to latching the center switch. It's NOT obvious to people who don't know what to do and are used to the usual System 11 configuration.
    I have several ideas to eliminate the bridge wiring harness. One is building a custom board with WPC coin door connectors on one side and System 11 connectors on the other. I'm too busy with other things to deal with designing this board so it's very low on the priority list. I also have some latching DPDT switches that I want to replace into one of the center red buttons on the four button assembly but also haven't made any progress on that front due to the aforementioned other things to deal with.
    For your wiring issue you should consult the System 11 manual on the page "cabinet wiring". It shows you exactly how the coin door switches are wired. Note that the coin door switches in System 11 are on the switch matrix whereas in WPC the coin door switches are dedicated grounded switches.

Siegecraft has a small diagnostic board that replaces the switches for $6 plus shipping, I will use that temp so I can adjust the settings. I know there are a few ads out there for people who need / want System 11 coin doors. It would be great if there was a harness to use newer Williams doors just because it is not worth messing with an old door in my opinion. I have a High Speed machine with a working un-spilled upon switch that plus the manual I should be able to figure out the wiring for the coin door. I think the four button will work and I can simply cap the excess button.

I appreciate the help!

system 11 switch (resized).PNGsystem 11 switch (resized).PNG
    #6 4 years ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

My Pinbot service buttons on the coin door are completely jacked, spilled beer just gummed them up.
    I have a four button service button assembly from another old coin door I can swap out but can anyone help with the wiring since I will not have a locking button and it has four buttons what would be the best way to do it?
    There are no three button assemblies out there. I have the mounting figured out so it will work just could use some help.[quoted image]

Throw the whole harness in the dishwasher or ultrasonic, then blow the switches out with a compressor , it'll probably be fine. I've done it several times on SYS 11's when I rebuild the coin door. Unsolder the coin acceptor switches though don't put those through the dishwasher.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mageek:

Throw the whole harness in the dishwasher or ultrasonic, then blow the switches out with a compressor , it'll probably be fine. I do this whenever I rebuild a coin door.

I pulled off the old harness and cleaned what I could but the switch just would not un-stick itself. Did not clear the switch body itself - it just sticks.

Must be 20 year old beer spill - it was like glue.

#8 4 years ago

I got it last night with the four button switch from a WPC door (import door) that I had that was beat on - I removed one of the switches and a little of testing and I got it finally - all works now.

Thanks all!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-coin-door-service-wiring-help?hl=mageek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.